There’s a awful lot of

Of lorries about , builders merchant , flats , steel , , brick & block etc
Would be interesting to see figures for how many drivers are working to those furloughed
Lot more lorries than I thought I’d see

I just got a phone call asking if I could go in tomorrow to be prepared for night out too and I’m supposed to be on furlough. Apparently work has just ramped up at the UK’s largest kitchen manufacturer and they want a load of us in.

If what you say is true then something is kicking off.

It ain’t hard to work out, guys are off work so putting time in doing jobs around the house that have needed done for ages, a bit of building patching up repairs etc.
Even I was out yesterday (so hit me now) at the DIY shop (still open :open_mouth: ) buying paint, rollers and pads to decorate. :open_mouth:
I went in with a hoodie top a snood over my gob (as a protective mask) and sunglasses (sunny day) I’m quite a big lad, and the guy looked at me a bit apprehensive as if I rocked up to rob the place. :laughing:

robroy:
It ain’t hard to work out, guys are off work so putting time in doing jobs around the house that have needed done for ages, a bit of building patching up repairs etc.

We’re trade only and I doubt they’re buying packs of bricks and steels from B&Q. Rang my lad who has still been running and he said he’s noticed the same.

Conor:
I just got a phone call asking if I could go in tomorrow to be prepared for night out too and I’m supposed to be on furlough. Apparently work has just ramped up at the UK’s largest kitchen manufacturer and they want a load of us in.

How will it work if you’ve not been off for a full 3 weeks ?

You can’t go back to work until your furlough period ends. My work tried that with me, told me that I need to be available for work in case they need to pull me in for a day and I will receive full pay on that days I work. I told them that’s not allowed and a couple of hours later got an updated email saying any furloughed drivers cannot work until there furlough period ends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely busier this week than last.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Conor:

Can’t work while you’re on furlough, wait 3weeks, …

Not according to the RHA.
47% parked up?

youtu.be/RHVo2Pm-t6Q

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

If 47% of the haulage fleets are parked up why let the remainder have a free for all on drivers hours. The next government job will be nationalising the supermarket fleets,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think if you were suddenly needed then your employer could recall you from furlough although it’d mean that they’d not be able to claim your 80% from the government so would have to pay you themselves.

If it happened in the first day or two then that’s not a big amount to pay, but after a week or two they’d need to be desperate.

Scrub that , must me London area thing , farther north I’ve got the more quiet it’s become , just hot Gretna as not much about at all

If you’re currently receiving furlough pay, then the firm will want you back asap to actually earn your money again so they can claim the 80%, pay you your normal pay, and cut out any overtime/agency cover needed to turn a tidy profit to boot…

If there’s no furlough pay for you, then the firm want you to resign at the earliest opportunity the work dries up.

Thus, the “Work” will be offered first and foremost to those who’d rather NOT do it, but are compelled by contract TO do it.
…Rather than those who don’t have to do it, so won’t feel compelled to take a minimum waged shift, 100 miles away…

The Furlough system is thus fatally flawed, before we even start - since the firms can just move all full timers sideways to manage their workloads, whilst cutting everyone else out of the loop, starting with premium rate drivers such as agency on nights, or full timers on overtime… Sunak should have organized a system via HMRC where people who went from paying £200pw tax down to zero - got the subsidy/top-up/benefit whatever you want to call it…

Fair enough firms - but FFS just be HONEST about it all - po-leaze!!

The economy has been trashed, a lot of us won’t be finding jobs anytime soon.

Time for firms to give us the boot, rather than “keeping us on the books” for some kind of “upswing” that’ll likely not happen any time soon.

Must be a awful lot of lorries at Tesco Livingston as they
Won’t let you in 1/2 early , poor jocks will be getting there curry
Tonight without the rice !!!

D6317968-C25A-4D08-B264-71C064E935BC.jpeg

I’m on bulk cement tanks, 2 weeks into furlough, been keeping in touch with the office, it seems work is picking up again. Would gladly return if needed. Great seeing the family but really can’t be arsed painting me fence.

Today is the quietest I’ve seen it , m1 coming down from Wakefield is dead , tibshelfs/b it seems if I’m the only one inside the building , yesterday seemed the opposite , more traffic than ever
Maybe a lot have booked the Friday being as Easter w/end

A mate of mine texted me this yesterday M25 at 5 pm.

robroy:

It’s them ■■■■■■■ coppers rob , first day I’ve seen them & all there doing is
Stopping cars , rifling through the shopping bags no- doubt & frightening
90 % of the population from buying some food
And ■■■■■■■ vosa are everywhere as well , no doubt
Profiteering out of some drivers efforts to keep the
Country fed
Shameful

dozy:

robroy:

It’s them [zb] coppers rob , first day I’ve seen them & all there doing is
Stopping cars , rifling through the shopping bags no- doubt & frightening
90 % of the population from buying some food
And [zb] vosa are everywhere as well , no doubt
Profiteering out of some drivers efforts to keep the
Country fed
Shameful

So you have seen them now then?

dozy:
Today is the quietest I’ve seen it , m1 coming down from Wakefield is dead , tibshelfs/b it seems if I’m the only one inside the building , yesterday seemed the opposite , more traffic than ever
Maybe a lot have booked the Friday being as Easter w/end

Today has been quiet but as dozy said. I also was going down to Sheffield yesterday at 05:15 and loads of cars on the road. I wondered if people were going to their second homes under the cover of darkness because it went quieter later on.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk