B&Q WORKSOP

Hi everyone, not been on here for ages but just wanted to ask something. Does jammymut stil work there ? only I have been reading some of his posts and it does’nt sound like he thinks too much of the place if he’s still there that is ?
I have got an interveiw there on wednesday but after reading your posts jammy if your reading this, am a bit woried now.

TC the job itself is ok mostly trailer changes and 3/4/5 hour drive (there and back) its just the ■■■■■■■■■ that run it thats the problem, you have to sign for EVERY thing you cant do anything unless you’ve been trained not even put a fire out with a fire extinguisher if you havent been trained you have to walk away and let it burn.

One or two of the managers seem to be O.K. and are frustrated themselves as they cant do ■■■■ all without a signed slip from the upper management.

Average 9-14 hour days, good kit, and the computer says where you go and apparently knows where the traffic jams are :unamused: every day :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: I could go on but to be honest compare to most other driving jobs its a good one, but at least if you work for a small company they will listen to you ocasionally.

You will start on a 13 week trial period if you are late once, have an accident, refuse to do ANYTHING safe or not, have low M.P.G. you will have it set back to week one of the 13 week period BUT it will be reset to week one after the 13th week and not from when you do something wrong.

Be late on day one and you start a new 13 week trial on week 13 not the next day its a very unfair system.

The company can sack you at any time in your 13 week period and of course its extension of it.

Feel free to phone me PM me for my number if you want to know more.

crikey jammy, that was a quick and well detailed post ! thanks for all the info mate. I am sure you can remember me asking you questions last year when I first moved to worksop. This interveiw has just come out of the blue to be honest with you. Will probably pm you mate, thanks. ta for the very quick response. Daz

to be fair it sounds like most big companies lateley.

I aplied there late last year, and was turned down, aparently there where no vacancies

TIDYCAB:
Hi everyone, not been on here for ages but just wanted to ask something. Does jammymut stil work there ? only I have been reading some of his posts and it does’nt sound like he thinks too much of the place if he’s still there that is ?
I have got an interveiw there on wednesday but after reading your posts jammy if your reading this, am a bit woried now.

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=21340