Hello all and culina anybody?

Im new here , ive been watching the forums for a few months now and you all seem like a bunch of [zb] so I thought id join and fit right in :smiley: .

So first post id like to ask if anyone here knows what culina are like to be employed for? money , type of work, shift pattern etc

Stafford depot are recruiting atm rather aggressively :smiling_imp:

thanks all and look forward to some [zb] and giggles

I did 7 years with culina first 3 at Stafford then 4 at Wolverhampton. The actual work is easy, brutal start times if you do days night shifts not so. Be prepared to be regulated for everything and disciplined if you step out of line before it got ott it was an enjoyable job. The reason Stafford are aggressively recruiting is that most of the long term and good drivers all decamped up the road to screw fix where your valued and treated humanely maybe go look there!!! Failing that bald bloke works out of Bristol depot try and get his thoughts.

As stated some have gone to Screw Fix, basically it’s easy work driving good kit but you need to be the sort of person who is good at keeping under the radar, it’s Culina way or the highway.
They run strickly legal and you’re tracked so it’s 40 on a 40 etc which you’ll soon get used to, they can be quite regimented at times though.

Oh and welcome to TNUK.

and they don’t do sick pay either :wink:

■■■■ that then!!!

They have to provide sick pay by law,even if it’s just the statutory amount…our place has a 5 day waiting period before company sick pay is paid but then they will pay full pay for upto 12 months obviously depending on your circumstances…they won’t pay it you for 12 months if you have the flu ect.

A lot of companies have introduced this “waiting period” to stop people abusing the system and taking days off sick when they feel like it,I can only assume Culina is the same.

As for sticking to 40mph,it’s actually quite therapeutic not sitting on the limiter everywhere you go and people must love you doing it because you get a big queue behind you all following you for miles some even flash their lights at you in support of your law abiding and even wave at you when they overtake you…well I think their waving :smiley:

ckm1981:
They have to provide sick pay by law,even if it’s just the statutory amount…our place has a 5 day waiting period before company sick pay is paid but then they will pay full pay for upto 12 months obviously depending on your circumstances…they won’t pay it you for 12 months if you have the flu ect.

A lot of companies have introduced this “waiting period” to stop people abusing the system and taking days off sick when they feel like it,I can only assume Culina is the same.

As for sticking to 40mph,it’s actually quite therapeutic not sitting on the limiter everywhere you go and people must love you doing it because you get a big queue behind you all following you for miles some even flash their lights at you in support of your law abiding and even wave at you when they overtake you…well I think their waving :smiley:

Hope your all going to move up to 50mph on the 6th April 2015 :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :wink:

Thanks for the replies and sorry for the emitted profanity il be prim and proper from now on. I heard the start times were all over the show and the salary is for a 55-60 hour week with POA so nothing special ?! Thanks again all.

aenema23:
Thanks for the replies and sorry for the emitted profanity il be prim and proper from now on. I heard the start times were all over the show and the salary is for a 55-60 hour week with POA so nothing special ?! Thanks again all.

Start times are various, I start around 06.00 a.m some people like to start around midnight so at our place most of us are happy with our times, as for the salary don’t forget 5 weeks out of 8 are only a 4 day week so sometimes you’ll struggle to even be at work for 48 hrs and then take your breaks out of that, and also I never do poa and my average is normally around the 44 hr Mark.

Big Truck:

ckm1981:

Hope your all going to move up to 50mph on the 6th April 2015 :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :wink:

In the words of the Churchill dog “ooohhhh yes!!!”
It’s an enforced rule to not exceed 40mph on single roads,it flags up in the tracking system if you do and if it flags up too many times you’ll find yourself looking for a new job…we don’t enjoy sitting at 40mph anymore than everyone behind us,only difference is those behind us just thing we are being a ■■■■■

ckm1981:

Big Truck:

ckm1981:

In the words of the Churchill dog “ooohhhh yes!!!”
It’s an enforced rule to not exceed 40mph on single roads,it flags up in the tracking system if you do and if it flags up too many times you’ll find yourself looking for a new job…we don’t enjoy sitting at 40mph anymore than everyone behind us,only difference is those behind us just thing we are being a [zb]!

I know all about 40mph/ISO-trac etc on A roads,
I drove agency for TescoNI quite a bit. :wink:

Bristol depot drivers only seem to do 12hr shifts thats start till in the car going home i work at Stafford and do alot more than that plus i do nights out i start around midnight but flexible on that.
Its easy work good kit. But what suits one might not suit another.
Theres a few moaners but every company has them

I nearly took a job with Culina at Middleton recently. Fella on the phone said it was £26K or so salary, would have been £28K or so for nights. Mon- Fri. Think it was an ambient depot. Sounded good to be honest. If they had day jobs i’d have taken it, was trying to get off nights.

rob22888:
I nearly took a job with Culina at Middleton recently. Fella on the phone said it was £26K or so salary, would have been £28K or so for nights. Mon- Fri. Think it was an ambient depot. Sounded good to be honest. If they had day jobs i’d have taken it, was trying to get off nights.

I think they’re after day drivers too.

I know a Screwfix driver and he says they’re always taking on drivers from down the road at Culina. Says a lot about that place.

Try Screwfix, they pay just under ÂŁ30k for 48 hours with no POA/Break nonsense, all caged store deliveries and trunks to Gretna, Felixstowe, Portbury and Greenford.

Yes I tried screw fix the last time they were taking on but by the sounds of it they threw a huge net over culinas wall into the drivers mess and hauled them in!! Good info all cheers . Maybe there’s driver shortage on the horizon :laughing:

ckm1981:

well yes but then SSP is standard, I was talking Sick pay as in your norm wages.

When people say 26k salaried that doesnt include overtime right? :slight_smile:

Trucker8oy:

O/T and night out money will be on top of that, all our depot’s pay different rates.

bald bloke:

Trucker8oy:

O/T and night out money will be on top of that, all our depot’s pay different rates.

Thought so. To me it sounds that its a good firm to work for. Havent found anything bad about them on here :slight_smile: and that is rare :smiley: mk and lutterworth are closest to me and it says 28.5k -29k but it dont say tramping days or nights.