Agency Work.

Can anyone tell me if agency work is slack at the moment. I have recently finished a six months contract with a well known cement works and since then i have only been offered 1 days work in the past fortnight. Each time i ring i get the standard answer , sorry mate we are trying but things are very quiet at the moment…

yep its definatley slack
not known it this quiet for years

yep im on for taskmaster in leeds and they are quiet as well.

Yep. Also quiet.

It’s giving me chance to get on with the new extension.

Today was electrics.

Tomorrow, hopefully starting to feed through for the radiator + H&C water to the garage.

Slack agency work? At Xmas? wow…
This means next jan/feb will be hell.

Yes, very slack.
I’ve just had a week off on holiday.

Protemp in Derby are screaming out for drivers.

Really busy on UPS/HAULFAST.

Said I could be in there until Christmas.

Which is good news.

Then I have to battle my way through Jan/Feb

Need some weekend work now to save the money for JAN/FEB

I work on average 45 hours a week.

very slack - only had 2 days work in the past MONTH. 2 days ago they had 5 Class Is with nowt to do, yesterday I think it was 7.

:frowning:

Also, one agency near me has laid of some ‘consultants’.

Its also quite around here to on the agency but
there are a few companys looking for drivers.

Well after arriving down in Croydon 2 weeks ago i’ve now had to sign up with 4 agencies and yet not one phone call even though i’ve said i will do van, 7.5 tonne and class 2, so its not that im being too picky. There may be light at end of tunnel though. One agency maybe sending me for assesment drive with Comet in Erith next Tuesday. In the meantime i will continue sending out CVs to get away from agency work who advertise non existance jobs.

From what i hear from old mates, i have finished agency work, this is the worst year ever.Recession coming, influx of foreign drivers or whatever it seems to be grim.
The only people busy seem to be the training schools, but where will these newly qualified drivers get a job?
Driver shortage?, i dont think so, i have said it for years there is only a shortage of drivers for jobs which are not worth doing.

Hi just thought i would add to the post

In the Birmingham evening mail on Thursday just gone ,there was only a handful of driving jobs.To be honest being a new Class 2 driver the doubt started to set in a bit about the future.Maybe its just me but i have noticed a slow down accross the UK.

Oh well thought i would add the imput.

Very slack in stoke on trent 4 days out of 3 weeks for me :cry: :cry: :cry:

leslie g heath:
influx of foreign drivers .

And some people said it would never happen …people need to open their eyes and smell the Coffee, the driving market is going to become overcrowded pretty soon, the rates will go down and the workload will go up for those lucky enough to have a job in the industry.

Still theres one thing to look forward to i suppose the foreign countries might have a shortage of drivers and we can all go work over their for a pint of beer a week…

hostmarky:
In the Birmingham evening mail on Thursday just gone ,there was only a handful of driving jobs.

The driving jobs in the Mail have, after a period of relative stability, been steadily decling for weeks :frowning:

jammymutt:

leslie g heath:
influx of foreign drivers .

people need to open their eyes and smell the Coffee, …

what you trying to say about coffeeholic? :laughing:

Yep. I’m in Swansea south Wales and same down here. Quietest i have ever known on agency!

aint stopped working for weeks, been busy as hell theyre pushing me to regularly work 6 days a week sun - fri (O/T sun) on a regular contract trunking, they moaned when I asked for this sunday off so I can get my weekly /compensation rest in, I expect it to continue through till xmas

Jaycool007:
Well after arriving down in Croydon 2 weeks ago i’ve now had to sign up with 4 agencies and yet not one phone call even though i’ve said i will do van, 7.5 tonne and class 2, so its not that im being too picky. There may be light at end of tunnel though. One agency maybe sending me for assesment drive with Comet in Erith next Tuesday. In the meantime i will continue sending out CVs to get away from agency work who advertise non existance jobs.

if your in or near croydon there was (up till last week) loads of work for superdrug, (beddington lane)
the agency i WAS with ring me regular, wanting me to go in to superdrug at beddington and HACKBRIDGE.

pop in if ur in the area.

I’ve got more work than I can shake a stick at at the mo. :open_mouth: There was only one week in late October where it went quiet; the rest of the time I’ve had no shortage of work although I have somehow managed to work my way to the top of the pile when it comes to dishing work out, mainly because I do an excellent job and don’t give the client’s any hassle. :slight_smile: