Any agency workers nw uk

is it me or has it just stopped dead in the water? with 5 agency’s and had no work for 4 weeks.
sick of ringing all the local haulage companies to be told ain’t got enough experience for the insurance man lol.
by the way graylaw looking for drivers with over 2 years of bad habits to qualify.

No it’s not you, agency work seems very sporadic at the mo, I’ve been getting 3 or 4 days a week but this week I’ve had nothing

same here m8 in central scotland ive not had any work in 2 or 3 weeks from agencys or maybe one day a week . looking for FT work now ive just been getting zb about with agencys

dead mate, i’ve just been doing odd days at the moment, i’m going to register with a few agencys down manchester and see what happens, heywood, middleton and trafford park arnt that far to travel, needs to be more than the odd day though.

hi try deployment at rochdale they usualy have somthing
:smiley:

the same in Glasgow - no job at all this week, last weeks two-free shifts.

manchester is dead also. been sitting for two weeks now

Spacemonkeypg:
manchester is dead also. been sitting for two weeks now

works quiet even further down am still being kept busy but not just aas busy as b4 but would not advise anyone to come down looking for work as loas drivrs jumping ship and chasing very lil work

From what I’ve heard, Deployment is very quiet at the mo.

A mate of mine works for Transline or “Tw@tline” as they’re affectionately known in the North West. They have a number of supermarket contracts, which is fine if you don’t mind waiting by the phone for days on end, ringing them up only to be told there’s no work, then hearing that they’ve just taken on another fifty drivers, some of whom cannot drive automatics, use digital tachos and flatly refuse to do store deliveries. I think their motto is “Quantity not Quality”.

I haven’t done agency work in over ten years and wouldn’t like to have to get back in the routine of ringing around for work. Sorry to sound pessimistic, but things look grim right now.

Dazza:
From what I’ve heard, Deployment is very quiet at the mo.

A mate of mine works for Transline or “Tw@tline” as they’re affectionately known in the North West. They have a number of supermarket contracts, which is fine if you don’t mind waiting by the phone for days on end, ringing them up only to be told there’s no work, then hearing that they’ve just taken on another fifty drivers, some of whom cannot drive automatics, use digital tachos and flatly refuse to do store deliveries. I think their motto is “Quantity not Quality”.

I haven’t done agency work in over ten years and wouldn’t like to have to get back in the routine of ringing around for work. Sorry to sound pessimistic, but things look grim right now.

if you wanna work for britians biggest n best haulager mr eddie stobbart they r stuck for drivers at tesco litchfield but the moneys ■■■■ even on nova and they expct you travel between the to sights fradly park n hinckly a cant remember exactly what rates r but its close to £10 a hour on nova