Agency Work.

if your in or near croydon there was (up till last week) loads of work for superdrug, (beddington lane)

Do superdrug use pf whitehead to deliver for superdrug? If so, i’ve just sent my CV out to them last night though there website.

Hooked up with two Agencies for weekend class 1 ADR
Done the same thing past 5 years for christmas dosh
Never known it this slow
Spooky :smiling_imp: :imp:
:frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Around here (“golden triangle” M1, M6, M42) there’s a lot of agency work but it tends to be crap rates (Walkers), crap motors (Lynx), or crap shifts (just about everybody). If you’re ‘flexible’ then the work is there but the shortage of drivers which was forecast with the WTD has not, & will not, materialise. Personally I don’t rely on agency driving work anymore & just use it to fill in days when I’m available - I’m registered with 3 agencies & have a start-time window of 21.00 to 04.00 & I’m getting, on average, 3 days work a week - I don’t expect to even hear from them come Jan - April next year! It’s definitely the worst year so far for agency work & I can’t see it getting any better in the near future.

This is the first week I have had very little work. Did a day on Tuesday that turned into a 2 day day ( 18 1/2 hours less breaks ) because they sent someone out to swap the 26 tonner I had with the Iveco Daily he had which promptly broke down and I sat there for hours waiting for first someone to come fix it and then for someone to come take me home as I was way out of hours.

Well after arriving down south (Croydon) 4 weeks ago and registering with 4 agencies for class 2 work its become too close to christmas for me now to rely on them finding me work that dosent involve driving a bin waggon :unamused: So i’m starting a new job on monday as van driver for Interlink express at there Southwalk depot. That will see me though Crimbo and then will take class 1 lessons in Jan and finaly live out my dream of becoming a trolly driver on the night trunk. :smiley:

It seems to be pretty quite up in Glasgow, Ive not had a days work out of angency since last week for Van driving, 7.5T, Class 2 . Its that bad im now back driving buses tommorow in Paisley - So avoid Paisley like the plauge if your in the area!

danielwilkie:
So avoid Paisley like the plauge if your in the area!

I always have done! Mon ra Ton!! :sunglasses: