Still quiet on the agency front

How are the rest of you lads doing? I’ve had no work this week and nothing tomorrow, I’d have thought I would have been mad busy by now but it’s been like this for a few weeks now, max I’ve worked is 2 days a week :frowning:

If u can get you self to either skem or Preston, lots of companies , lots of work. I just got booked for full week at a certain place in Preston, refused cos of my family commitments. I work Mon wed Fri and Sat. Saturday might be hit and miss, but the rest of the shifts are no problems.

what agency is that mate, I’m thinking of changing agencies because I’m getting bugger all from this one

Hi flyers
work solutions
both get work in kamma-c bases in skem and in Preston
Hg recruitment based in skem, the do the as da work.
Bellfields in Preston, try logistics gets work In Preston and skem, basically I thought skem to be a gold mine in terms of trucking . So many hauliers up there. I’m from Blackburn sof I prefer Preston jobs

thanks for that, I will give them a bell

I’ve been getting quite a bit of work over the last few weeks.Offered weekend work but don’t really need/want it.Mon - Fri is enough for me.This is around the Hertfordshire area.

There’s zb’all real ‘work’, just agency bs which clearly seems to suit some :frowning:

I’ve just had a call from the agency, they’ve got me a day at JMD tomorrow so it’s big bucks for me this week :open_mouth:

2 nights this week but mainly because I’ve had a funeral today so took last night and tonight off although they still tried to get me to go in last night.

5 days work already booked for next week with a bit extra being offered for four of them, the amount yet to be disclosed so I’m not counting on it.

Been really poor for me. Had one today yesterday, one the previous week. Turned down a job today though because I went to Immingham and Grismby for interviews for full time positions.

If your agency does mainly retail as my old one did, then you really should be busy.
The one Im with now doesnt do much shop/retail stuff so its quietened down a bit, but I`m doing my normal 3 or 4 days.

Not that I need agency or driving work but what type of companies are looking to use agency drivers is it all boxes and curtain siders or do low loader ,crane ,and tipper firms use agency ? Do agency pay well for nighting out ?

Dan Punchard:
Not that I need agency or driving work but what type of companies are looking to use agency drivers is it all boxes and curtain siders or do low loader ,crane ,and tipper firms use agency ? Do agency pay well for nighting out ?

I get £26 for a night out. All companies will use agencies, some more than others. I’ve done box, curtain and flatbed stuff. I’ve been offered tipper work and been told if I have hiab then I could get more work. Depends how desperate companies are for drivers.

working successive 7 week block bookings since the summer, this 7 week block is due to end at the end of the year. I see no reason why it wont continue beyond Xmas. The customer is flexible enough to allow me to take the last 4-5 Thursdays off to attend a carers (CRisP) course in the mornings, and get various utility companies, and cram various courier deliveries the same day. In return Im prepared to work the occasional Sat/Sun for the customer

Dan Punchard:
Do agency pay well for nighting out ?

Figures of around £18 - £27 per night are usually quoted by the agy`s, depending upon your geographical area

Cheers .

Tbh if I do 1x night out per year I feel I`ve done my quota for the year, and my current home situation means I prefer to do none if I can help it.
The current customer prefers us to be back each night (as its day work) to re-load for the next day, then I re-start the next morning 5-6am

Mowed out at the moment.

Already been asked by one of our customers what my availabilty is the weekend before xmas.

Ken.

I’ve been flat out for the past month. I need to know ASAP if this is going to continue into January, because I’ll have it as a full time job if it is - and I’ll need to go back to weekends only if I can’t get it.

Big Roy:
How are the rest of you lads doing? I’ve had no work this week and nothing tomorrow, I’d have thought I would have been mad busy by now but it’s been like this for a few weeks now, max I’ve worked is 2 days a week :frowning:

HIflyers at preston will defo keep you busy so will best connection and direct drivers.

Some people dont get work because they are not worth employing