It amazes me......................

when driving into roadworks just how many " professional " drivers seem to think their truck is only 6 foot 6 inches wide. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Willy im excatly 6’6" high so maybe I could use that as a reason if the old bill stopped me?.

Willy Gofar:
when driving into roadworks just how many " professional " drivers seem to think their truck is only 6 foot 6 inches wide. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

see quite a lot of these 6’6" trucks on the m4 near cardiff :wink:

It also amazes me how many lanes that are over 7ft wide have A 6"6 width restriction for no reason at all :laughing:

Willy Gofar:

:unamused: …and think that their spedometer is very acurately calibrated to 40mph and they are most definitely NOT speeding through said roadworks :exclamation:

paul@midway:
It also amazes me how many lanes that are over 7ft wide have A 6"6 width restriction for no reason at all :laughing:

2" is good enough for me either side;).

i have given this some thought
maybe the ad in the paper ran like this

blah blah blah wants to restrict vehicles over 2 metres for a distance of x kms from point A to B

when they stick the signage up its all in imperial and therefore not what was asked for and agreed too

so wouldnt stand up in a court of law

maybe :laughing:

Willy Gofar:

I have absolutely no idea how much is that, as I am used to metric system. So I just trying the lane, and If I can see, that I fit into it, that’s mean that I am under 6’6" at the moment :grimacing:

My truck is definately wider than said restriction! And I go thru them no problem! It must be a man thats measuring the lanes when they put the markings and temporary cats eyes in! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Never mind how wide, it never fails to amaze me how many of the daft â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  drive 10 feet from each other, but it aint changed over 30 years and I realise it wont ever. Proffessional drivers Ive â– â– â– â–  em! :laughing:

how many car driver think the speed limit at the roadworks is 45 when it is 50…

bbez:

Most likely because most car speedos over read by up to 10% so their speedo could be reading 50 - 10 % = 45 roughly.

bbez:

50mph is a limit, not a Target. Having said that, I hate having to lift off the limiter for the ■■■■■■■■ because nailed to the boards is where my foot’s comfortable.

A Fed-Ex driver flew past me on the M1 J9-J8 the other night in the roadworks in the outside lane. In spite of the width limit and the specs cameras. Must’ve been on the limiter cos i was doing 50. Wonder if there’s a letter in the post yet?

Willy Gofar:

Definitely McBurneys - doing well over 50mph - every friggin’ night at the Carlisle roadworks!

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

been going through m1 j9 roadworks since they began at 55mph no tickets,only ■■■■ car drivers/supermarket sweepers in the way to upset the magnums cruise control… :unamused: