Come on PLEASE!

Any chance of a bit of respect for 7.5 tonne drivers?

Just because we drive a 7.5tonner doesnt mean we ain’t a professional driver

thanks

mark

Agreed!

You do the job for a living! theyfor you are a professional!

Doesnt make you good at it mind! :wink:

TC:
Agreed!

You do the job for a living! theyfor you are a professional!

Doesnt make you good at it mind! :wink:

With one hand he giveth, with the other he taketh away :laughing:

I’ve spent my first 12months finding my legs in 7.5 tonners… You still perform all the same procedures and paperwork as a rigid, just in a smaller truck… :smiley:

So now i’ve got a C2, I now only have to concentrate on driving the truck, not faffing about with paperwork and stuff, cuz I know the routine…(Supplier, product, Name, Bra size, phone number…)

Are you planning to move to larger trucks, or are you content in a puddle jumper… ■■? If the former, then we all had to start somewhere, if the later, then whatever tickles your fancy… Happy driving either way… :wink:

Luv
Chrisie… :sunglasses:

no :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: just incase you missed it no :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

99.99999999999999999999999999999% of 8 tonner drivers have some really annoying and bizarre desire to pull back in in front of you before the end of their puddle-jumper has even cleared the front of your wagon :open_mouth: .

I relentlessly flash the full beam at them in anger but they just flick the indicators like you’ve actually flashed them in and carry on regardless.

Zebideeing zebidee zebidee’s :angry:

Cheers.

Sorry forgot to mention i also hold a class 2 licence

Same statement applies :laughing: .

How are you enjoying ‘The Pink Link’ anyway :open_mouth: :question:

Cheers.

aint working for them

they where only paying 5.50

mark

Where you working now then :question: .

I relentlessly flash the full beam at them in anger but they just flick the indicators like you’ve actually flashed them in and carry on regardless.

don’t flash them then

PS Maybe i’ve overtook u!

delivering upvc windows for a company in huddersfield
Mark

Strange how it works, When I drive class one or two its hello driver, but jump into a van & its like your wearing a hi viz vest.
Must admit I like the 7.5’s, one company I do the odd day for ( delivering windows) will give you what you need for the job & the 7 & a halfs are graet fun you get to see lots of fuel stations, they send youy out with 2 or 3 fuel cards as they only allow 3 uses per day, or so i’m told.
Doing recovery work its all the same work 7.5 or class one, the only differnce is we can pull a loaded van plus spec lift one or tow a trailer.
But respect a van driver :question: :question: :question: tolerate possibly but respect :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I drive a 7.5t quite a bit, and do it professionally. If I’m going slow I flash people in, and appreciate the returned favour when I’m passing people.
I admit that not all drivers of the lil wagons are as considerate, in fact most are jumped up boy racers, but no need to tarnish everyone with the same brush.

Have to agree with getting less respect when driving vans and 7.5s. I’m loath to get back in then since I’ve got my Class 2.

Fair enough some people will treat you like ■■■■ no matter what and some people are cool even if you’re in a van.

People are weird.

Andyroo:
Have to agree with getting less respect when driving vans and 7.5s. I’m loath to get back in then since I’ve got my Class 2…

I thought a 7.5 tonner was a van :blush: :blush: :blush:

I drive allsorts if it pays right or is interesting & paying half decent money I’ll drive it. & I have to say I don’t think that the work is any differnt on certain jobs, in fact it can be harder work on a 7.5 sometimes.

Idea for Children in Need — RobK, in Pudsey costume, with BBC camera crew, doing a days work in a 7.5T (or eight tonner if that’s what he prefers to call them!).

Any suggestions for an accompanying soundtrack (other than continuous bleeps)?

I can just see the airlines showing that for years in place of the obligatory Mr Bean movie! Lots of drama!

I would agree that driving a 7 1/2 tonner is much harder work than say driving an artic! most artic drivers wouldnt entertain hand balling, where as a 7.5 tonne driver it would be expected as part of the job!
But then you dont see that many 7.5s doing nights out now! where a few years ago they were quite a few, in my experience.

daxi:

Andyroo:
Have to agree with getting less respect when driving vans and 7.5s. I’m loath to get back in then since I’ve got my Class 2…

I thought a 7.5 tonner was a van :blush: :blush: :blush:

Guess it is, depends on the body and stuff I guess. Just when I say van it means ‘Transit’ sized thing.

Personally I think 7.5 driving is the hardest job…you’re usually expected to do more drops than in a HGV, for less pay. You only get slightly more (if any) than a transit driver and he doesn’t usually have to worry about tachos and breaks. A couple of van doors are much easier to work with than a shutter/lift/curtain or barn doors as well.

As I tell my agency…

I don’t wanna do 7.5T cos I didn’t spend £xxxx on my class 2 to earn 25p per hour extra and work much harder than when I could only drive 3.5T.