Supossed Tiny Trucker?!?! hehe ;o)

wellingboroughtoday.co.uk/Vi … ID=1426247

Hiya… i just did a search on my name on the internet on my name… and found that they were talking about me on the american trucknet forum.
it was really interesting that news travels that far… guess anything is poss with the internet nowadays! ;o)

I just wondered if anyone had seen the newspaper article on me? (above)
Basically… papers write what they want…

i mean there are male lorry drivers that are shorter than me!!!

5"4 is the average height of women…

But i think what they meant is that im very petite… and quite young… i only weigh 7 stone… which i think is about 98lbs. somestimes drivers dont believe i look old enough to drive lorrries.

i basically havent grown since i was 12… and have a small frame… not exactly the sort of frame for doing curtain sider lorries and coupling and uncoupling trailers and putting air lines on and unloading lorries!

over here… 2% of lorry drivers are women… but as far as ive seen… they are all older or bigger than me… not that there is anything wrong with that… im sure in a few years… im gonna get a lorry drivers belly!!! hehe ;o) and how glamoures can i be smelling of diesel and with greece all over me!?

I dont know what trucking is like in america… but over here i am a bit of a novelty… and if the papers want to pay me for my story… then im gonna do it! ive spent £3000 on lorry lessons and tests… so id like to re-coop that money from the papers.

also… i only passed my car test 2 years ago… then did my rigid class 2 lorry test 4 months after… then just passed my class 1 test 3 weeks ago. Everyone laughed at me when i said i wanted to be a lorry driver!

I learnt in a lorry that was 52ft long… and now drive 45ft lorries everyday…
So i think i have done pretty well!

I didnt do it to prove anything… i just wanted a job i didnt hate and to earn better money! I have the potential to be on 3x what my friends are earning.

my boss is happy with me… and even though in the paper is says i need help woth everything… im learning ways around stuff… like i use a belt to pull the fith wheel handle… and a boot can always be used on something stiff… and the airlines… its hard… but there are little knacks and ways around it. curtain siders… learnt the hard way by being wacked round the head when it was windy by a pole… but im ok now hehe… i think… but i can do everything… im not as inept as the paper made out… but everyone needs a little help every now and then until you figure out how to do it yourself…even blokes!

peace.
:smiley:

www.myspace.com/girlietrucker

welcome to trucknet uk girlie trucker an interesting story that

as for someone who is 5’6’’ and fifteen stone we all need help sometimes,as for the trailer handle disconnect the red line ,then ease the unit back so the pressure is off the handle,and it will be a lot easer to pull it out,if all else fails just ask,we men have to every now and then.

que lucy along anytime now for a good chinwag?

best of luck

mark

welcome to t/net :smiley:

welcome to trucknet girlie lucy will be along shortly to have a chin wag nodoubt as will everyone else atleast you have a job you enjoy and your not stuck in an office :laughing:

welcome to trucknet :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Welcome Girlie-trucker

My old boss was about your size and she could reverse a rig better than some blokes I know…me included but I never told her that obviously :blush: :blush: :blush:

Stick at it sometimes a breath of fresh air is needed there is a lot of testosterone flying about in this industry most of it used to fuel over inflated egos :wink: :wink: :wink:

And you do right to look for some cash for your story.
Because as my Grandad used to say “A man /Woman who will work for nowt will never be out of work”

Old yorkshire proverb which you can use but I will require a percentage should you do so :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

PS. Just had a butchers at the website…testosterone level overload…you shoul d not have much trouble getting tipped :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Only kidding …Welcome again

Hi! Glad you found us…That women’s bit of the US site can be VERY quiet, and their main forum is full of anti-Bush politics, so I thought you might appreciate a pointer in our direction. :wink:

There are a couple of cracking good debates about the whole gender thing going on on other threads just now, do have a look and join in. :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome girlie :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hi small fry :stuck_out_tongue:

Just read the newspaper you linked to, it saids that you earn 30k and are looking for a job :confused:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Welcome to TruckNet UK girlie_trucker :smiley:

i’ll say welcome but I’m a little concerned at the press report which says

“Quote” "To put a truck into reverse I need both hands and I sometimes have to brace myself against the door to change gear.

Hope you make sure the doors locked :wink: :wink:

“Quote” “I even have to ask for help to close the back shutters if I can’t reach.”

The shutter problems easy rectified, put a longer ■■■■■■■■ it :wink:

The press are known for their enhancement of stories to make them more appealing to the reader, so Nothing to worry about there :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

“A lot of the time I can act a bit girly and someone will come to my aid, so it isn’t normally a problem.”

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

What’s wrong with just asking a fellow driver as an adult? You’ll get far more respect that way. After all, we are all just drivers. :wink:

Kind of makes a mockery of this:

TINY trucker Sara McNeill is doing her best to drive away the stereotypes about masculine lorry drivers after getting her top licence.

I dunno a flash of leg and i’ll pull your pin. :stuck_out_tongue:

a flash of anyhting chris and youll pull anyhting :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hence the nametag. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll be back up the road soon …

Ps. My post above with the quotes was aimed at the pathetic way the paper have framed this article rather than a comment on Sara, btw. Kind of in agreement with Davey. It’s ridiculous the lengths these people will go to in order to create a story out of nothing, without caring how they make a grown woman appear in the process. :angry: :unamused: :unamused: :confused:

I tried ‘acting a bit girly’ once, it just got me beaten up though.

I’ve just checked out your pics on myspace, the pic with your brother really does show how small you are!!

Welcome to trucknet & congratulations on getting your licence :smiley: