Supossed Tiny Trucker?!?! hehe ;o)

What a brilliant and informative site packed with hints and tips for fellow “girlie truckers” and all gleaned from your own experience as well. Respect!!!
Pity every trucker looking for a job couldn’t put up their own site with a few pics of themselves on it hey!!

Careful, Mike…your sarcasm is dripping all over the floor…and a woman’s work is never done as it is… :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bit OTT having a dig at the girl, i think your doing a great job, like the site :smiley:

Yeah me too Gurner she has only just joined…no need for the heavy stuff :frowning: :frowning:

Thanx for all the welcomes! sometimes when you work long hours… its hard to keep hold of friends in totaly different jobs! so end up coming on here! ;o)

Yes there were a few silly comments in the newspaper… i only need to push against the door for reverse gear… i can do the rest with one hand… just about.

Sometimes even if there is a ■■■■■■■■ the door shutter… and its knackered… i can hang off the strap… and riggle about with my feet off the floor.,… and it still wont come down!!!

But now that im driving artics… im normally just undoing the curtain siders which is fine. Im delivering cabs for tractors so they have to come off the side.

I havent had to reverse onto a loading bay yet tho. that could be fun ;o) im sure i could do it… but i just get a bit nervous with people watching me!

wether male or female you passed your test and will make ■■■■ ups like the rest of us.those that say they havent made one are liars lol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Practice makes perfect - you’ll learn so long as you keep trying. :grimacing:

The strength thing will sort itself out too, you just have to keep doing stuff to get the right muscles sorted. It all takes time.

you just have to keep doing stuff to get the right muscles sorted. It all takes time.

we need to know :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :open_mouth:

I’m not telling…but you have to do stuff LOTS… :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah, yes, I also suffer from ‘being watched’. Park the darn thing perfectly if noones around. Minute someones watching me I start destroying buildings :stuck_out_tongue:

I was a novelty when I first started driving too, which was in Ireland where there are even fewer female drivers than over here. But now I’m getting old lol and I’m being replaced by younger, prettier drivers.

cries Woe! Oh woe!

But now I’m getting old lol and I’m being replaced by younger, prettier drivers.

we,re not biting :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Girlie …it is totally natural being nervous but remember take as much room as you need and more if you can get it when reversing.

Yep the everyone watching thing is a bit daunting but every single one of those drivers watching has been or is in the same boat…you will matser it when you have done a few it will get easier.

Always come in on your drivers side where possible even if you have to turn round to do it and NEVER be afraid to ask someone to watch you back LGV drivers are a good bunch and will apreciate what your problems are.
ALWAYS TAKE YOUR TIME AND SOD THE REST MRS!! :laughing: :laughing:

If you get a sarcy FLT driver hand him the keys and askn him to show you how to do it…Usually shuts em up :wink: :wink:

ive actually had a lot more media attention than just that newspaper… i was on anglia news… and possed for page 3 in the sun… and loads of magazines are after my story!

its weird how people i meet everyday dont understand that i could be doing this job!!

Im thinking of trying to set something up where i can encourage more girlies into the job!

btw… I only possed for page 3 because i thought it was a bit of fun and didnt take it too seriously…but after i possed for page 3 as the first trucker… they asked me to spice up the story by saying i have ■■■ in lorries!

so i told them to [zb] off!!! I cant believe they asked me that! thats just asking for trouble!!! so now they arent doing the story!

If it needs stars it’s not allowed. L. :wink:

:open_mouth:

neil46:

But now I’m getting old lol and I’m being replaced by younger, prettier drivers.

we,re not biting :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Darn, I like it when you get ■■■■■.

Ridiculous, I agree. There are so many women driving now that it really is a non-story.

As for encouraging more women in, they need to work on encouraging more people in full stop - so many of this industry’s conditions and working patterns are out of the ark - I mean, who wants to do 65-70 hours a week and sleep in a tin box any more? Only us mad few. It’s not a female thing, it’s a human thing.

Lucy:
Ridiculous, I agree. There are so many women driving now that it really is a non-story.

As for encouraging more women in, they need to work on encouraging more people in full stop - so many of this industry’s conditions and working patterns are out of the ark - I mean, who wants to do 65-70 hours a week and sleep in a tin box any more? Only us mad few. It’s not a female thing, it’s a human thing.

I agree. It is easy to encourage people to get their license, but after a few months or couple of years they get fed up of putting up with all the hassle and jack it in for something that pays better, has less hours and better benefits, etc, etc.

ill bite… you look gorgeous in your pic!!! hehe so i think you have no worries!

whatever happens to us… we will always be prettier than the usual big hairy male lorry drivers!!! hehe

Kind of strange the attention thing because the ladytrucker thing is old news I would have thought…As for the Sun thing well enough said they will print anything to sell copy.

But I think labour party should have enough storys to keep the busy for now with Johnny two shags(jags) mind you there is always the diary on here :laughing:

lol Awww, thanks! :slight_smile:

About the bloke thing… we have such a wonderful choice to pick from don’t we? :open_mouth: