Is there a time limit for renewing a LGV licence?

'ello

I was due my medical back in April but as I’m not driving trucks, & don’t envisage doing in the foreseeable future, I didn’t have it done so have lost my LGV entitlement!

If I ever need the LGV bit is it as simple as passing the medical & the DVLA reinstate the LGV entitlement & is there a time limit?

I’m asking because MMTM :wink: that if you don’t renew within 5 years then you have to retake your test & I’m sure I’ve read on here that’s not the case!

Melchett:
If I ever need the LGV bit is it as simple as passing the medical & the DVLA reinstate the LGV entitlement & is there a time limit?

YES & NO

For the future -
Download the 8 page D4 Medical Form Please print (colour, not black & white)
£49 MEDICALS
cheap medical places around the UK

:bulb: consider adding this thread to your favourites for future reference :bulb:

Cheers ROG :slight_smile:

Melchett:
'ello

I was due my medical back in April but as I’m not driving trucks, & don’t envisage doing in the foreseeable future, I didn’t have it done so have lost my LGV entitlement!

I’m asking because MMTM :wink: that if you don’t renew within 5 years then you have to retake your test & I’m sure I’ve read on here that’s not the case!

I lost my hgv 5 years ago for medical reasons-the dvla at the time said 10 years before i could re-apply,but thanks to this forum i have found out that the dvla earlier this year changed their own rules-to a 5 year layoff.They didnt tell me that i can re-apply for my hgv which i am in the process of-i have passed the medical and assuming that dvla sort their act out i should get my licence back any day now.And no i didnt have to take my test again…now how do those trailers reverse again…

mb14:
I lost my hgv 5 years ago for medical reasons-

That comes under different DVLA rules and depends on why they insisted on a re-application time.
Each case will be different and judged on it’s own merits - no harm in appealing a decision