Licence renewal c*ck-up

I may have made a boo-boo. I’m due to take a five-year medical & renew my lgv entitlement very shortly, in the next couple of weeks in fact. I’ve had the D47p and D4 forms for a number of weeks and only yesterday (I know, I know!) got round to booking a doctor’s medical appointment - the earliest one they have is after my (60th) birthday. I’m a bit concerned that my lgv entitlement might cease altogether.
I’m not actually working at the moment (made redundant earlier in the year), but I’d certainly like to keep up my truck licence just in case I get bored, skint or both! Can anybody tell me how long it takes for someone to not apply for renewal before entitlement ceases and another driving test is necessary? I’ve read through the ‘how to’ forms and can’t find anything relevant there. Any other info on the subject would help me and hopefully others.

Thanks in advance, guys & gals.

As far as I know you don’t loose you’re entitlement if you don’t have a medical there may be a time limit however.

I had the same problem with the one at 45 my doctor couldn’t fit me in until after my birthday no problem just got on the phone and found one who could do it the following day, you don’t have too use you’re own doctor you can go anywhere, and one word of advice is make sure you check the forms are correctly filled in before you send them.

Good luck with it, plenty of decent paying work about right now.

As has been said if you aren’t currently active as a driver then no worries.

You do not lose your entitlement just because you don’t get the medical done on time. There isn’t a time limit either. Just get the medical done ‘whenever’ and they’ll send you a new licence.

shep532:
As has been said if you aren’t currently active as a driver then no worries.

You do not lose your entitlement just because you don’t get the medical done on time. There isn’t a time limit either. Just get the medical done ‘whenever’ and they’ll send you a new licence.

Correct!

I didn’t bother renewing my entitlement when I turned 45… 11 years on from then I got the forms, I done the medical and my entitlement was renewed no problems.