Renew lgv medical

Can anyone offer me some advice please.
What’s the score on renewing your medical at 45, ie as in what time are you allowed to renew your medical after the expiry date.
I know you can’t drive after this date until they receive your medical but is there a certain time you have to re-new.

Many thanks.

as long as you don’t use for hgv driving then don’t think a limit !! well at least 12 month just get your medical forms filled in maybe a new picture if needed what ever the fee then send it in!

It’ll only be about a month later at most from the expiry date.
So no need to worry then. :smiley: And it’s free only the med cost :wink:

Many thanks.

no i had no probs ! don’t worry just read some posts on here regarding the cost some doc’s charge nearly 90 quid for a signature!!

Yes my doc wanted £160 :unamused:
Asked around a few mates and told me a company so i phoned they want £54. :wink: and they operate nationwide.

http://doctorsonwheels.co.uk/

Get it done quickly though, according to a VOSA chappy I know they are looking at changing the rules, possibly before 2014, so that only your own doctor can do the medicals as they have had many instances of drivers telling fibs :open_mouth: about what pills they are on & suchlike.

As long as the LGV licence did not expire before 1984 then there is no time limit for renewal - you can let it lapse now and take the next medical in 20 years if you want to

Pre 1984 records are not on the computer database

tallyman:
http://doctorsonwheels.co.uk/

Yes did see these but they wasn’t that local to me.
Got booked in with these Driver Medicals next week, £54 in chelmsford which is local to me. :wink:

Get it done quickly though, according to a VOSA chappy I know they are looking at changing the rules, possibly before 2014, so that only your own doctor can do the medicals

Yes did hear about that.
But won’t be leaving it that long only a week over due which suits me ok as i only use it now p/t.

Hiya… you can renew your medical 2 months in advance if it fits in with your lifestyle.
It,ll be rough if the medical can only be done by your doctor in 2014, i,ll need one each year
then…the last time i went to my doc he charged £120 that was 12 years ago.
the doctor on wheels is a better deal at £54.
John

I have just had mine done (just turned 45) - went to my local GP - quoted me £80 & got it on a Saturday morning - which i thought was not too bad. As i am fairly fit - flew through the medical (15 / 20 mins tops) & to be fair to the guy he said he could not justify charging me £80 - so knocked £20 off - fair play. Mind you - £60 for 20 mins work… lol

when i reached 45 (15 yrs ago), i thought “sod this, i’ve had enough.” … that was in May, but I decided to renew the following January, no problem… just passed medical and sent forms to dvla.
and here’s another useful link :- gettingamedical.co.uk/