Insurance question

I just insured my car for another year. I found one cheaper insurance, who gaves me fully comp in price what was offered me after negotiations from my present insurer for TP, F & T.

But I met some stupid problem:

As I had an accident last year, my insurance went up, even if it wasn’t my fault (in fact other driver just parked in my boot, when I was stopped at the red light).

What’s that all about? Is that some kind of colective responsibility, or just attempt to kick down someone already bitten?

That’s not fair, I think. How they can suspect me before I did anything :frowning:

I see that insurance companies are the same all over the world :S

orys:
I just insured my car for another year. I found one cheaper insurance, who gaves me fully comp in price what was offered me after negotiations from my present insurer for TP, F & T.

But I met some stupid problem:

As I had an accident last year, my insurance went up, even if it wasn’t my fault (in fact other driver just parked in my boot, when I was stopped at the red light).

What’s that all about? Is that some kind of colective responsibility, or just attempt to kick down someone already bitten?

That’s not fair, I think. How they can suspect me before I did anything :frowning:

I see that insurance companies are the same all over the world :S

The way insurance companies look at it is like this - you are at least 10% responsible for being there - after all, if you had not chosen to drive then you would not be there for the other person to hit :exclamation: :exclamation: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Don’t blame me - that’s they way they think.

If you did not protect your insurance and claimed on it, even in part, then it is possible that your cover price will rise

There’s no reason other than using it as an excuse to charge you more, just like if you have speeding points on your licence (i have none, so it’s not a gripe) the points last three years, they keep it on your licence for another year just to rip you off, and insurance comapies ask ‘have you any offences in the last FIVE years?’
In case you thought you live in a crap area (high crime) so you might pay more? wrong, the insurance comapnies ‘target’ certain areas, so if you move from a very bad area for car crime and move to a more opulant area where there’s very little crime, because insurance companies don’t ‘target’ this area, you will end up paying more for that!

If i didn’t take my nephew to football prictice most weekends, i wouldn’t bother with it myself, and certainly wouldn’t ‘blame’ anyone else for not having it :bulb:

Even though you’re blameless the fact of the matter is they had to pay out so the rise will reflect that. Not fair but that’s how they work :slight_smile:

mrpj:
Even though you’re blameless the fact of the matter is they had to pay out so the rise will reflect that. Not fair but that’s how they work :slight_smile:

They don’;t had to paid nothing - all is covered from other driver’s insurance…

It’s unfair but it’s how they work, even if the accident is in no way your fault you have to suffer increased premiums as a result, it’s like all the insurers are in bed with one another and because you’ve claimed from the system it’s time to punish you.

I wonder if you could ask them how much the quote would be without the accident, then get a quote with the accident and sue them for the amount they increase it by, it’s an unfair charge so wonder how it could be enforced.

its the system, because its something you’ve got to have they can get away with murder.
the only way around it is if you are very rich and can bond your own car.
i don’t know the ins and outs of it, but the way i understand it, you put a large sum of money into a bank account to cover any claim that may be levied against you.
i do know its a large amount and you can’t touch it other than to settle a claim but you do get the interest on it.
one law for the rich etc etc.

biggusdickusgb:
i do know its a large amount and you can’t touch it other than to settle a claim but you do get the interest on it.

It’s £500,000 in case anyone’s interested :laughing:

mrpj:

biggusdickusgb:

It’s £500,000 in case anyone’s interested :laughing:

You could always buy a new car every year with the interest… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Tiger.

i did say it was a rich mans get out

Insurance is an annual contract. At the end of the year both parties are free to part company or agree terms for another year. If during the year you were insured you involved them in a claim they will probably decide that you are now a higher risk than before and increase your premium accordingly. The reverse is also true (NCB).

Insurance is all about statistics and it is statistically more likely that a driver, who is involved in an accident, even if he is the innocent party, will be involved in another.

If you are involved in a damage only accident (no injury) then do your very best to avoid involving any insurance company and keep your excess at the highest possible level to keep your premium down.

other driver just parked in my boot, when I was stopped at the red light

Of course if you had clutched your neck and gone off to A&E with whiplash then you might have made a profit.

As for now I am still dealing with that. I have a feeling that everyone, including my own GP and lawyer are against me. :wink:

And I bet that they already gained a lot of money from my case and I am only person who is still waiting…

Also, insurance will nearly always go up in price. Insurers will always offer a lower quote (possibly even below-cost) to new customers because they know that people are lazy, and they’re hoping that you won’t bother to shop around when it comes to renewal time - after all, they were cheapest last year, right? Therefore, they have to put the price up in the second and subsequent years to get back the profit they squandered by “buying” your business in the first year with your really low quote.

Yeah. I know. After a first year, they gave me quote for over 1000, but i just called them to tell that they must be joking and they offered me 640…