Info Please - Photocard Licence / DigiCard

Hey everyone, just a quick query please - my photograph on my driving licence expires on April 6th and i have to post both paper & card licences to DVLA - my question is because the same photo is on my digicard & will obviously need changing too will i need to send the digicard itself too - im out all week so not had time to try ring DVHellA up yet too so thought id post here. As anyone recently altered their pictures too ? Cheers !

no you send the digi card seperatley with different forms. You can have the same photo on your digi card until it expires

AS said in the post above - EACH has it’s own photo expiry date so you can have different pics on each - perhaps dye your hair - have green hair on one and orange on the other :bulb: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Until the following happens - my photo card expires so I renew with a new greyer hair (old boy) photo.

Then I have the young boy photo on the digi tacho and the old boy on the new photo card.

Two months later I move house and when I change my address on the digi tacho - lo and behold !!! … the old boy photo
appears on the digi tacho to match my photo card !

It’s white man’s magic !!!

… just a pity they can’t do joined up Government and have the same photo on my passport (and ID card - IN FUTURE)

Look forward to the day … NOT !

ok i’ll just ignore it then and send my licence off lol…until asked about digi. i was hoping id need to send it off as our new waggons are awful and i dont wana drive em - iveco eurocargo things on hire - awful.

tobytyke:
Hey everyone, just a quick query please - my photograph on my driving licence expires on April 6th and i have to post both paper & card licences to DVLA - my question is because the same photo is on my digicard & will obviously need changing too will i need to send the digicard itself too - im out all week so not had time to try ring DVHellA up yet too so thought id post here. As anyone recently altered their pictures too ? Cheers !

You are not sending your digicard away. You just will swap it for new one in DVLA office or motor testing station of your choice.

where do you find the expiry date on the photocard license then?

dave150267:

Hi Dave, the photo expiry date is displayed on the front of your licence at item 4b.

The expiry dates for the different vehicle categories are probably different to the photo expiry at 4b.

I hope that helps. :smiley:

dieseldave:

dave150267:

Hi Dave, the photo expiry date is displayed on the front of your licence at item 4b.

The expiry dates for the different vehicle categories are probably different to the photo expiry at 4b.

I hope that helps. :smiley:

cheers mate just had a look mines okay for a bit thanks :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

dave150267:
cheers mate just had a look mines okay for a bit thanks :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Hi Dave, so it looks like you get to keep your £17.50 for a while longer. :smiley:

There’s a post about it all and a link to the original info :arrow_right: HERE

dieseldave:

dave150267:

Hi Dave, so it looks like you get to keep your £17.50 for a while longer. :smiley:

There’s a post about it all and a link to the original info :arrow: HERE

yeah it does its due in 2012 :slight_smile: