Info needed if possible

got a pick up tomorrow in the morning out of inverness
the place is called drynie woodlands _ drynie mains
been told its xmas trees i googled it mapped it an sat naved it looks ok but slighty narrow near the end just of the a9 near the b9169
just wondering if anyone has been up there and can let me know what its like to get to etc
thanks in advance

not been for a few years but it should be signed from a9, go past big layby after bridge, then take road for drumsmittal … hope you have waterproofs and wellies! good luck!

I was there last week in a artic
Road isn’t bad but its a good single track few tight spots but nothing to worry about just follow the red and white signs for forestry and heavy plant and you’ll end up in a farm full of xmas trees.
if you get lost on the road you’ve done something horribley wrong as its sign posted and they have lorrys in and out there all day

thanks guys il let you know how i get on tomorrow :wink:

go to your t.o and ask them to give you a drivers map,much easier that comming on here ,5th right,no 3 rd,or was that after r/o,near the pub,no i think thats a shop,no bridges on that road,are you sure i seem to think there is,if you put it in sat nav itll tell you rto go right,but its actually left,best to ring them,no good they didnt answer my call,dont open until 8 a.m,but i tipped 5 a.m,

ady1:
go to your t.o and ask them to give you a drivers map,much easier that comming on here ,5th right,no 3 rd,or was that after r/o,near the pub,no i think thats a shop,no bridges on that road,are you sure i seem to think there is,if you put it in sat nav itll tell you rto go right,but its actually left,best to ring them,no good they didnt answer my call,dont open until 8 a.m,but i tipped 5 a.m,

some of us dont see our planner or office for a week or more. in 5 years i have never received a map from the office. i find other my map, combined with google maps, common sense and other drivers help gets me to virtually every place ive needed to!

happysack:

ady1:

some of us dont see our planner or office for a week or more. in 5 years i have never received a map from the office. i find other my map, combined with google maps, common sense and other drivers help gets me to virtually every place ive needed to!

In my experiance asking the TO for directions is a guarantee to get you lost, Drivers and maps (paper or t’internet types) are more reliable.

ady1:

yea i would but was on way to north scotland before they put that job on

anyway thanks to happy and k5 you were spot on found it no problem

happysack:

ady1:

your wasted on stobarts :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

not yet been to a drop where I was the first driver to go there.

happysack:

ady1:

oh sorry ive just SPOTTED the VIRTUALLY bit of your post :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ,maybe you want to start contacting your t.o and getting a map,that way you wouldnt be wasting valuable company time asking every tom/■■■■ and harry how to find somewhere,then you google it,then you look at your map,then you virtually find everywhere,zb after all that carry on you still dont find everywhere,no wonder there putting you trampers back on days,keep a eye on you by the seems of things :exclamation: :exclamation:

Whats all this about contacting traffic office and getting a map :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

All we get is an address and phone number and left to get on with the job were paid for. Farm deliveries and collections on a daily basis , all you need to do is give the customer a call for directions. Never failed to make a delivery or colection yet in 28 years of driving artics.
The boss has got enough to do without me bothering him for maps every 5 minutes.

I suppose thats the difference between a small family firm and a big multinational organisation.

toowise:
Whats all this about contacting traffic office and getting a map :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

All we get is an address and phone number and left to get on with the job were paid for. Farm deliveries and collections on a daily basis , all you need to do is give the customer a call for directions. Never failed to make a delivery or colection yet in 28 years of driving artics.
The boss has got enough to do without me bothering him for maps every 5 minutes.

I suppose thats the difference between a small family firm and a big multinational organisation.

Nope thats what they call taking the initiative and getting on with the job. Do you know there was actually a time before sat navs :open_mouth: :open_mouth: ?

Marcelleke:
Nope thats what they call taking the initiative and getting on with the job. Do you know there was actually a time before sat navs :open_mouth: :open_mouth: ?

Whats a sat nav ■■ :open_mouth:

toowise:

why do you need to bother him every 5 mins,just get maps before you leave,[see easy],then straight to drop,no need to keep ringing farmer,hes got his farnm to run,he doesnt need you on the blower every 2 mins,map,go,do job,finished,easy.

toowise:

Marcelleke:

Whats a sat nav ■■ :open_mouth:

Pain in the asp :smiley:

Marcelleke:

toowise:

quite right,you just get the maps you need before you go,takes a couple of mins,no googling,asking other drivers,ringing farmers etc,etc,then you go straight to your drop collection,no wasted time bugging folks[farmers] whove got better things to do that babysit lost drivers :exclamation:

ady1:

toowise:

why do you need to bother him every 5 mins,just get maps before you leave,[see easy],then straight to drop,no need to keep ringing farmer,hes got his farnm to run,he doesnt need you on the blower every 2 mins,map,go,do job,finished,easy.

Well my boss /traffic officer / transport planner / bloke in the office /or whatever you want to call him. usually starts at 8 long after ive done my first delivery and often the second, and as i usually get my details over the phone its a bit difficult to get maps for every drop due to not having a fax machine on the dash. Why would i need to ring the farmer every 2 minutes I ring once get directions , get there, do job, get out,on to the next, simples.
Ive got a selection of very good maps for every area I work in even down to OS maps for certain areas and never had to resosrt to asking the office for help in doing my job.Most farmers need a call to let them know your ETA anyway so Im not bothering them at all by asking for the best route into their farm at the same time
If you feel you need someone to hold your hand and help you find each and every delivery point thats fine I dont need that thanks :smiley:

toowise:

ady1:

toowise:

Well my boss /traffic officer / transport planner / bloke in the office /or whatever you want to call him. usually starts at 8 long after ive done my first delivery and often the second, and as i usually get my details over the phone its a bit difficult to get maps for every drop due to not having a fax machine on the dash. Why would i need to ring the farmer every 2 minutes I ring once get directions , get there, do job, get out,on to the next, simples.
Ive got a selection of very good maps for every area I work in even down to OS maps for certain areas and never had to resosrt to asking the office for help in doing my job.Most farmers need a call to let them know your ETA anyway so Im not bothering them at all by asking for the best route into their farm at the same time
If you feel you need someone to hold your hand and help you find each and every delivery point thats fine I dont need that thanks :smiley:

well i wouldnt bother you if i needed help to find somewhere thats for sure,id just get my map from t.o[24/7],toddle off and do job,no need for phone at all with mt method,hope you dont loose reception or your zb :laughing: :laughing: wheras im not :exclamation: