North scotland

Is there anything North of the V8 Inverness ,I have wick this week ,not sure where I’ll end up yet ,pub on route will do .thanks Dan .

Where you delivering in wick? I took a load up to the new high school there building yesterday, it’s some drive up there lol!

Going tomorrow , have to do Rotherham first and back .

Not really any cafe’s etc but plenty deep layby’s and a reasonable chippy on Golspie main street.
The layby’s start to thin out as you get closer to Wick so you would be best looking to be stopped before Berridale.
If your not into layby’s then your only other option is Skiach services Evanton, it’s about half hour north of Inverness, parking is free, food is good but slightly pricey.

By having to do Rotherham and back first iam looking at Ballinluig tomorrow night ,same again thurs night or even lesmahagow and home Friday .

I realise this is a bit late for the OP however others may read this, as I did…

North of Inverness …

Tore services (right at roundabout after Kessock Bridge , cafe and fuel stop is 200yards on left) not a lot of parking maybe 7 or 8 spaces.

Skiach Services, Evanton (near Invergordon) free parking but cafe expensive , well stocked shop , about 15 ish spaces

If you need supplies for self catering on the way up, the manager of Lidl alongside A9 at Tain doesnt mind lorries parking in the car park as long as you dont block other customers.

Golspie…parking next to School and Doctors surgery in centre of village probably about 15 spaces , toilet block nearby shops,chippy and pub

Brora… industrial estate on right just before village

Helmsdale…small amount of parking on the harbour

Wick…industrial estate near to airport on way to J-O-G right next to Tesco

Also as said plenty of big laybys on the A9 , just be careful in winter if snow is forecast, however being the only road its not usually shut for long

Cheers ,the only prob with tore is the cafe closes early .

Hi, Asda at Perth (A912) is always a good overnight, a few trucks and open 24hrs. Also truck stop & grill at (A86) Newtonmore near Kingussie

and be leaving your window down heading down berridale in case you need to bail… i went many years ago with crap brakes and had the door hanging open the whole way down… :smiley:

Punchy Dan:
By having to do Rotherham and back first iam looking at Ballinluig tomorrow night ,same again thurs night or even lesmahagow and home Friday .[/q ballinluig.can be busy if not in early but good food,shop and fuel

peter-pieman:
Hi, Asda at Perth (A912) is always a good overnight, a few trucks and open 24hrs. Also truck stop & grill at (A86) Newtonmore near Kingussie

In Newtonmore tonite just had a good lamb chops and pot of tea !

Good hot shower 50 pence ,parking £10 , 2 pots of tea ,lamb chops & veg ,apple pie & ice cream £8.55 . Very quiet here ,log burner too and wifi ! :sunglasses: