Questions

Woke up Tuesday in Sittingbourne with orders to take a trailer to Immingham. Lovely day, the sun was shining and life was good. On the way up i passed Biltons Magnum on the M11 and then later Mike C near Ollerton on the A1. Both ignored me. Ah well.
Got to Immingham and was told to drop and swap for a Forfar and Abedeen. Woohoo! says i. Haven’t been up that far before. Dundee is my record. Left Carlisle bright and early Weds, did my drops and phoned in, and was told ‘Make your way to Elgin for your backload’. Bloody hell, even further up. So i gets there and it’s this place

Phwoaar, i like biscuits, so i might have mentioned it to the forkie. Anyway, only loaded 5 pallets and as i was doing the straps up he came back with these.

Fair play to him. So i’m headed south and i notice that some mountains still have snow on the tops even after the nice weather.

There’s a couple of white bits on the top there which definitely wasn’t mist. So i get past Aviemore and onto the A9 and i’m running low on time, so i find a layby and park up just as the sun comes out.

Notice Phil how my mid-lift is up?

So my questions are
1, Can you spot the deliberate mistake with the last 2 pictures?
2, Does it ever get dark in Scotland in summer?
And 3, Should i have pushed for more biscuits?

1. Probably too tired to notice

2. NO! :laughing: In the height of summer you can just see light 24 hours a day esp if there’s light clouds as it reflects off them a bit

3. Too right you should have!

I wonder if you were over the road in Carntynes yard would they give you some whisky if you said you liked that! lol (Wait it wasn’t the Walkers in Aberlour was it? forgot there was two of them)

Hope you enjoyed your trip up North :smiley:

The mirror is folded in as you forgot you were in a big layby? Your wheels aren’t straight? You didn’t open the trailer door?

Gimme a clue lol

Aside from the poppy?

It doesn’t stay as light there as it does above the 60th…

Yep, you should have, then you caould have sent some to me.

Free bisquits and Golden virginia, bloody marvelous! Deliberate mistake? You should of pushed for a topline? Did you bring the wrong lorry back down? Should you of parked the otherside of the hedge so as not to embarrass yr self? (i am joking!)

As for being ignored? There are so many Stobart motors on the road, you kinda give up lookin for peeps. Nice story thou, hope yr nose bleed has healed up.

Steve-o:
The mirror is folded in as you forgot you were in a big layby? Your wheels aren’t straight? You didn’t open the trailer door?

Gimme a clue lol

It was the end of the day, the sun was shining and i was heading south.

Steve-o, it was the Walkers in Elgin. And yes i did enjoy it. Asked for more. :smiley:

Rob, the nose bleed has stopped and i’m also off the oxygen :stuck_out_tongue:

deliberate mistake… parked on the kerb, maybe no wet stains beside the lorry.

good read and sounds like a good job.

are you parked in a layby on the northbound carriageway?

sometimes

and yes, you should have pushed for more :laughing: :laughing:

shuttlespanker:

sometimes

and yes, you should have pushed for more :laughing: :laughing:

go away rob your not allowed to guess :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

DaiDap:
Steve-o, it was the Walkers in Elgin. And yes i did enjoy it. Asked for more. :smiley:

Biggest mistake ever, you will be lucky if they allow you past Penrith if they think you are enjoying yourself :stuck_out_tongue:

Mistake 1. too close to stinking waste bin
Mistake 2. Running Eddies expensive tyres over a broken kerb to still find cab cocked over.

shuttlespanker:

Yep well done. Though it wasn’t dual carriageway on that bit. Was running v short on time and there weren’t many set back lay bys on the south bound side and i didn’t fancy sleeping right next to the road, so when i saw that one i thought brilliant. There was a right turning just past the lay by so i swung round and parked in there on 8h57m driving. :sunglasses:

All the lay bys are numbered, i guess so the emergency services can find you if you’re stranded in the snow. Desperately wanted to park in lay by 69 but that was on the other side of the D/C. And it was full. :stuck_out_tongue:

DaiDap:

shuttlespanker:

Yep well done. Though it wasn’t dual carriageway on that bit. Was running v short on time and there weren’t many set back lay bys on the south bound side and i didn’t fancy sleeping right next to the road, so when i saw that one i thought brilliant. There was a right turning just past the lay by so i swung round and parked in there on 8h57m driving. :sunglasses:

All the lay bys are numbered, i guess so the emergency services can find you if you’re stranded in the snow. Desperately wanted to park in lay by 69 but that was on the other side of the D/C. And it was full. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry for spoiling it for you JD :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

and that was noticed before DaiDap had replied about the sun :laughing: :laughing: