Diary

Started at 1400hrs Wednesday.Due to take load of frozen langoustines/fresh salmon to Norfolk Line,Larkhall.Got to yard and the frozen was already loaded :smiley: .Did all the usual checks,then off to Dingwall to load 6 pallets of salmon. Saw the yardman when I got there and told him what I was after.He informs me it’s 10 pallets,not 6.Don’t think so,says I,not got room for 10.

Still 2 to go.

Bit of juggling

Luckily the last 2 were only half pallets.

They will fit.

Get a good run down to Larkhall.No problems tipping,1/2 an hour.Pull out and have a 45,sanitise trailer then off to Halls,Broxburn to do trailer change.Meet another driver who has loaded his trailer at Tesco for Inverness.I drop my trailer on the bay for him to load Aberdeen/Inverness.This is not my favourite place,as the bay is at the far end of the building in a very dark corner(no lights at all).They park trailers across the front of the bay,just leaving enough room to manouvre.There was a trailer on bay 2 and while Iwas opening my doors,one of their own drivers decided to put his unit in front of this,but couldn’t hitch up cos it was still being loaded.So he just leaves it there with the headlights still on.So its a blindside reverse in the rain,blinded by lights on the far side of the yard,round a badly parked unit whose lights were also causing problems,onto a bay I couldn’t see :imp: :imp: . The lines painted on the floor are useless as (1)you cant see them cos it’s dark & (2)you have to run the trailer wheels on them,not between. Managed to get it docked in 4 shunts :blush: :blush: :blush:

Picked up the Tesco trailer and away to Inverness.Going up the A9,the wind really picked up and the rain was lashing down.I had been told that I was doing a salmon harvest at Connel near Oban on Thursday.Thought to myself,that’s not going to happen if this weather keeps up.Anyway,tipped at Inverness then dropped trailer at Strathaird salmon,had another 45 then solo back to yard.By this time the rain was torrential. The A9 over the Black Isle was more like a river.Finished 02.30.

Work phone at 10.30.The harvest was still on,but they didn’t know what time I could leave as the A9 was closed due to flooding,landslides and subsidence. :confused: .Phoned again at 13.00 to say have the day off as the road was still closed. :smiley: :smiley:

On Friday morning,it was solo to Glasgow,park up at Bellshill for a 9 hour rest and wait for a load of carrots coming down from Forres going to Watton,Norfolk.

Friday morning,Drumochter Pass.Winters coming.

The driver bringing the carrots to me phones at 22.30.“Where are you parked?” Tell him Bellshill.“I was told you were at Larkhall”. Tell him to leave it there as its on my way to Watton :unamused: .

Good run down to Watton,tipped in 3/4 hour then back up to Freshlinc at Spalding ,via the Anglia motel at Fleet Hargate for the breakfast :smiley: .Park up at Freshlinc 11.00.

Thetford Forest

Start 04.00,loading for Asda,Falkirk.No sooner got on the bay than the lights went green.Pulled off and went to close the doors. 4 pallets :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
was all I got. Normally get a full load. Oh well ,it will be an easy run up the road. :laughing: :laughing: Went to get the paperwork. “Have you been to Fenmarc,Swinderby and Poskitts,Kellington before?” Fenmarc yes,Poskitts no.Maps get stuffed into my hand and off I go.

Arrive at Fenmarc 05.45. Go to despatch to be informed product isn’t ready,will be about 2 hours,once the plant starts at 06.00 :imp: :imp:. So,tacho set to POA,clamber onto bunk and catch some well earned zzz’s :smiley: . Get under way just under 2hrs later and head for Kellington.Quick load there then head north.

Loading at Kellington.

Stop for a 45 going over the 66,then an uneventful run to Falkirk.No such luck for s/bound traffic at the ■■■■■■■■■■ Gap.

A 5 or 6 axled crane had had a blow-out just south of Metalbridge and because all the lay-bys are closed due to the roadworks,he just had to stop on the carriageway.

Because of my late departure from Spalding (normally leave about 02.30) and the extra pick-ups,had to phone the office to see what they had planned to get me back to base.Was supposed to be loading at Lidl ,Livingston for Alness & Dingwall,but I would be too late for that.So after tipping Falkirk it was over to the Tesco RSU at Livingston to pick up 26 pallets of trays for carrot suppliers at Forres.Park up at 17.30.

Leave at 04.30 Monday morning,up to Forres and tip.Take a 45,then over to Inverness to change trailers.Pick up another loaded with frozen salmon and take it to the coldstore at Dalcross,near Inverness airport.Get tipped then back to Inverness to pick up 9 pallets of frozen langoustines and 2 pallets frozen salmon,then out to Dingwall to load out with more salmon.Leave trailer there for another driver then solo to yard.
Only 1800 miles this week due to the unscheduled day off :wink: :wink:

Good read and pics :smiley:

thanks very much Highlander,

for a great read and also good photos

will be watchingout for your next one,

Highlander:
Winters coming.

No, it’s already come. You want a picture? :laughing:

Nice diary btw.

Nice one Highlander.

Good read, nice photo’s thanks Highlander. :smiley:

very good

An interesting diary with good pics. Nice one.

Good read and nice pics :slight_smile:

good read and nice photos Highlander.

Nice read and pics.

Good Diary, is that you lorry? Have cowpers got two super space 04 6x2s?

r900ver:
Good Diary, is that you lorry? Have cowpers got two super space 04 6x2s?

Yes,we have 2 04plate and 1 54plate.The one in the photo is my regular one.

Good pics and interesting read mate, thanks :slight_smile:

Kyrbo:

Highlander:
Winters coming.

No, it’s already come. You want a picture? :laughing:

Nice diary btw.

Here’s one! It’s date stamped.

well done highlander a good read. ive just been up to the black isle for a funeral… beautiful is the black isle. it was at munlocy.

Great read, thanks Highlander, i’m looking forward to your next edition :smiley: