Hello everyone

New user here, and as the name implies, new to this game. Please be gentle with me.

Question, does anyone know if Altens Truck Stop in Aberdeen is still open? I’m heading up there for an AM drop tomorrow and Googling it draws a blank. Any help greatly appreciated.

Hi mate, welcome along, Altens closed down a while ago and I’m not sure if there’s anything else in AB, so it looks like a lay-by jobbie.

Ah right, I had a feeling it was no more. If I think I’ll have the time I’ll overnight at Stracartho. Much thanks.

You can park alongside the river at the bottom of the A92 where you have to follow the signs for trucks as there is a width limit on the bridge. Just follow the signs until you get to the roundabout where the Asda is in front of you,turn left as though you are going over the bridge but take the sharp left turn before you go over the bridge and park up on the right hand side. You’ve got Asda with a mcd’s inside,a pub,buses every 10mins to the city centre and a butty van parked up on a morning.

Hi Wet, People’s Republic of… suggests South Yorkshire to me , Sheffield perhaps ?
You’ll do well to get up to Aberdeen tonite won’t you ? Or is it phantom snow.
Welcome to trucknet
Jim

Welcome W-B-T-L.

have fun on the forum, theres good and bad but mostly just weird,

Madguy :smiling_imp:

depending on where your tipping you can park in tullos ind est or you could park down the harbour where there is a couple of boozers for a pint, if your going bridge of don then you can stay in the ind est there near too mcdonalds

Thanks for the info peeps, but luckily I’ve made the drop tonight with an hour left of a 10 hour stretch, so it’s back to Stracartho for the night, and an early leave in the morning. This side of the country is relatively snow free, just a bit windy. Only a week and a half on the job and I think my boss loves me already!

Oh, and I’m not South Yorkshire, I’m from 'Ull

Bloody 'ell, Wet , I insulted you !
East Yorks a long way from south, apologies.
Jim

WETBEHINDTHELUGS:
Oh, and I’m not South Yorkshire, I’m from 'Ull

Welcome. Who you working for out of Hull mate? I’m based in Driffield.

D&P Haulage Matt. I’m usually on local pallet work but the boss offered me this job and a newer truck to do it in.

Oh and Jim, none taken. I’m not one to differentiate between the other parts of Gods county. Except that lot from Leeds :wink:

WETBEHINDTHELUGS:
D&P Haulage Matt. I’m usually on local pallet work but the boss offered me this job and a newer truck to do it in.

Oh and Jim, none taken. I’m not one to differentiate between the other parts of Gods county. Except that lot from Leeds :wink:

:grimacing: good answer :wink:

It’s a brilliant answer,Wet, although I haven’t lived there for years Leeds is where my cradle lies !
You don’t get to choose everything in this life do you ?

Hey 'LUGS.
Welcome. :smiley: