Going north of inverness on the a9

alfa man:
A few others to add to the list :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Golspie & Brora – A few deep layby’s in this area
Helmsdale – Shore st, at the harbour.
Berriedale – A big deep layby just south of the brae, the sign says no overnight parking but nobody’s ever bothered me.
Wick – Down at the harbour
Thurso – As farmer says down by the river, coming from the south past Tesco over the river and first right, lorry park is on the right .

old thread i know but, shore st helmsdale. is it ok for artics. looks a bit tight on google maps to get out.

scotstrucker:
there used to be a truck/coach park in the centre of golspie but i think it went years ago

still there next to school an doctors surgery…large tarmac area behind doctors, there is a sign saying “private property” but ive parked there several times with no bother…I did ask in the doctors ad receptionist said it was fine to park

1st place after inverness is tore, when you reach the roundabout at the end of the dual carriageway take the 4th exit and tore services is on the left about half mile along, there is a little cafe and you can fuel here on most fuel cards.

2nd place on the way north is dingwall, at the roundabout on the a9 take the second exit(signed dingwall/ullapool) follow to next r/a take the 3rd exit and follow in to dingwall, about 2miles in the lorry park is on the right and plenty shops, pubs, chippies, chinese 5 mins walk away.

3rd place is skiach services at alness, these are signposted from the a9, from inverness head over the black isle keeping on the a9 till you come to the deep water berth at evanton( on your right as you head north, cant miss it as there usally a load of white pipe in the yard) carry on for about a mile and slip off to the left after 300 yards slip left again (watch you dont meet highlander as his companys yard is on this road) go past the services and take the next left (tight turn in just beside the building but there is room) and that you into hgv park/fuel pumps. nice cafe with good showers and petrol station accept most fuel cards and as far as i know it free to park (well i’v never paid or been asked too)

further north i’m unsure of as its been years since i been further north than tain

scotstrucker:
watch you dont meet highlander as his companys yard is on this road

What are you trying to say? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

parking in thurso is down by the river about 5 mins from the town center

A few others to add to the list :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Helmsdale – Shore st, at the harbour.
Berriedale – A big deep layby just south of the brae, the sign says no overnight parking but nobody’s ever bothered me.
Wick – Down at the harbour
Thurso – As farmer says down by the river, coming from the south past Tesco over the river and first right, lorry park is on the right .

Highlander:

scotstrucker:
watch you dont meet highlander as his companys yard is on this road

What are you trying to say? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley: :laughing: :laughing:

there used to be a truck/coach park in the centre of golspie but i think it went years ago

Skiach services is free to park , the foods a wee bit pricey but good and fresh.
I’ve just had lasagna and chips with a coffee which cost £7.50.
Skiach also has a free wi fi zone , which i’m making use of right now. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

alfa man:
Skiach services is free to park , the foods a wee bit pricey but good and fresh.
I’ve just had lasagna and chips with a coffee which cost £7.50.
Skiach also has a free wi fi zone , which i’m making use of right now. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

you dont mind paying a bit extra for the grub if it nice and fresh and i’ll have too remember the free wi fi

Tore is a no-no for loaded fridges,unless you switch it off.Old boy who lives in a house behind the place is always complaining.Even if you go in during the day for fuel and the fridge is running,he will phone over to the filling station moaning :unamused: Same goes if you run your engine for what he thinks is too long.

alfa man:

The one at Srathsteven,where the council salt depot is,is currently occupied by “travellers” :wink:

alfa man:
the sign says no overnight parking

If you notice,most lay-bys north of Inverness have this sign,especially the ones where you are parked well away from the carriageway :imp: Don’t see how they can enforce this.When you have to stop by law,you have to stop.Never heard of a truck being moved from one.Sure I read some-where it’s aimed more at caravanners,to make them go to proper sites.The exception to that rule seems to be those mentioned above :unamused:

yeah there was fridges being played with for while there and he was being blamed for it.

I was down past there last Sunday and they were gone caravans as well.