In Kent, just starting

Hi all,

am new to the forum. Just about to start cat. C training with Kent Metro, really looking forward to it. Having read some of the other posts in this section, it looks like I’m about to follow in the fresh footsteps of a few others from Kent/Medway.

Any advice on reading material for CPC case studies would be appreciated!

Look forward to chatting more with you guys and gals.

BGC.

I have got the DSA official guide to driving large goods vehicles.

Good luck im sure you will enjoy it

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome BravoGolfCharlie :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

All the LGV TRAINING TIPS, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
The link includes THE INITIAL DRIVER CPC which started on 10 Sept 2009.

BravoGolfCharlie:

All the theory & CPC books/CDs in one package

THE DRIVER SHORTAGE IS AN ADVERTISING MYTH - Generally more drivers than jobs in the UK
However, many newbies on this site have recently secured permanent full time employment :smiley:
A read of THIS POST may also be useful.

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

rog iam just wondering does the cpc come on a disc yet

ROG:
. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome BravoGolfCharlie :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

All the LGV TRAINING TIPS, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
The link includes THE INITIAL DRIVER CPC which started on 10 Sept 2009.

BravoGolfCharlie:

All the theory & CPC books/CDs in one package

THE DRIVER SHORTAGE IS AN ADVERTISING MYTH - Generally more drivers than jobs in the UK
However, many newbies on this site have recently secured permanent full time employment :smiley:
A read of THIS POST may also be useful.

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

tomsd1989:
rog i am just wondering does the cpc come on a disc yet

Not seen such yet but I suppose that will come in time

Thanks for the welcome. Did my assessment drive this morning in a 14 tonne’r. Absolutely petrifying when I first started her up and pulled out of the yard. Soon got into my stride and had a great time. Just need to remember where the gears are on the range-changer :blush:

36 hours of training + test, here I come. :smiley:

BravoGolfCharlie:
Did my assessment drive this morning in a 14 tonne’r.

Is your actual training going to be done in this oversized 7.5 tonner or in a proper sized truck?

ROG:
Is your actual training going to be done in this oversized 7.5 tonner or in a proper sized truck?

From what I understand, further training is going to be done in the same size vehicle.

ROG:

BravoGolfCharlie:
From what I understand, further training is going to be done in the same size vehicle.

These LGVs under 17 tonnes are not full size so you may get a little bit of a shock when you do get into the ‘proper jobby’.

I worked for one training company back in 2005 who trained on these ‘oversized 7.5s’ and the examiners had a saying when the trainees passed their test - well done, you have passed your LGV C in this oversized van !!

There are probably many on here who did pass their C test in this small size of LGV so perhaps some comments from them may help in determining whether it did make any difference when they came to drive a full sized LGV :bulb:

when do you start your training. il be starting my c+e on may the 10th. might see you there :wink:

joedwyer1:
when do you start your training. il be starting my c+e on may the 10th. might see you there :wink:

It’s looking like I’ll start on Monday 17th, so will probably just miss you! Good luck with yours :smiley:

and the same to you pal :wink: