new career

hi everyone been reading the forum for some time now thought i had better introduce myself.
well ive passed the medical the theory and hazard perception tests and have booked a assessment drive with j coates tomorrow lets hope all goes well with that so i can get on with the class c training

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome mike123 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .
All the LGV TRAINING TIPS, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
The link includes THE INITIAL DRIVER CPC which started on 10 Sept 2009.

THE DRIVER SHORTAGE IS AN ADVERTISING MYTH - Generally more drivers than jobs in the UK
However, many newbies on this site have recently secured permanent full time employment :smiley:
A read of THIS POST may also be useful.

mike123:
ive passed the medical the theory and hazard perception tests

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

mike123:
hi everyone been reading the forum for some time now thought i had better introduce myself.
well ive passed the medical the theory and hazard perception tests and have booked a assessment drive with j coates tomorrow lets hope all goes well with that so i can get on with the class c training

Hi mike123,

And…

:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS on passing your LGV theory test :smiley:
:smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley:

thanks for the welcome.
has anyone out there use j coates for their driver training recently, if so, what did you think of them?
i read somewhere on here that their test pad was in hinkley would this pose a problem with training

mike123:
thanks for the welcome.
has anyone out there use j coates for their driver training recently, if so, what did you think of them?
i read somewhere on here that their test pad was in hinkley would this pose a problem with training

I would say it’s only an issue if on 1 to 1 half day training due to the travelling time on roads which most would describe as ‘not very challenging’

My advice - if there are two of you doing half days, one AM & one PM, then get together and do a full day of 2 to 1 for the reverse pad day.

mike123:
thanks for the welcome.

They have a dust bowl/mud bath depending on weather in Hinckley and they have a proper tarmacked reversing pad down at St Albans, was rubbish when we drove down from Northampton down to there, motorway driving, this will really help me in my test i’ve got in a couple of days :unamused: :grimacing: