I'm in soapy bubble

i’ve walked 5th wheel grease through the nice beige carpet in the house & the wife’s goin balistic :blush: any ideas■■? :confused:

i believe swarfega works ok on it? but you need to shampoo your carpet afterwards

Wet wipes may help, traffic film remover? New carpet? New wife? Leave home? (sorry, i know the the first 2 probably won’t work!)

Keep smilin kid, yr only human.

MR VAIN:
Wet wipes may help, traffic film remover? New carpet? New wife? Leave home? (sorry, i know the the first 2 probably won’t work!)

Keep smilin kid, yr only human.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: nice one there

im sure there was a thread on here about someone that got it either on thier seat or hi viz and there were numerous ways of getting rid of it but cant remember which was decided as best.

might be a good idea to follow mr vains advice and leave home :laughing: :laughing:

I know the topic that Giblsa means, but I can’t find it. :frowning:
I can’t remember the outcome either. :blush:

Plan “B” is to follow MR VAIN’s advice…

Or you could try some psychology and tell her you're not sure how to do it, and ask her whether she could show you. She'll then take great pride in showing you her superior knowledge, but it gets the job done anyway. :wink:

:open_mouth: As a long shot, just tell her that you designed it as a training exercise to see whether her cleaning abilities meet your standards, then move your gear into the kennel. :grimacing:

Good luck to you mate. :smiley:

WD40 gets it out my jeans totally. Mr Vain’s options do look tempting tho! :smiley:

My dad used small amounts of turps it seemed to do the trick.

Just a thought, if none of my suggestions work, DON’T BLAME MR VAIN! I do not want any more complaints, i’ve had my quota this year!

About 18 months ago on the agency I got 5th wheel grease over the seat of a 3 month old Wilkinsons Scania. :blush: :blush: :blush:

Took it round to the garage and the fitter gave me a bottle of clutch fluid and a handful of rags and it wiped off no problem.

Disclaimer: Refer to manufacturers guidelines before rubbing clutch fluid into a beige carpet. :stuck_out_tongue:

Who wears the trousers in your house?
Tell her to quit moaning and get it cleaned up, after she’s made you a mug of tea of course. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
P.S. Tell her if she had been waiting to greet you at the door with your slippers at the ready it wouldn’t have happened. :laughing: :laughing:

MR VAIN:
Just a thought, if none of my suggestions work, DON’T BLAME MR VAIN! I do not want any more complaints, i’ve had my quota this year!

this is very true rob :exclamation: :exclamation: and it’s only jan :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink:

try a bit of petrol on cloth not sure which one unleaded or not
ps put your ■■■ out before you start or you ll both be in kennel.

go down to your local car parts suppier buy a tin of break cleaner, spray it onto a clean white rag not a coloured one and use that to sponge it off the carpet, you might be able to spray it direct onto the carpet but i would check somewhere it cant be seen to make sure you dont lift the colour. thats what we use to use when i worked on the workshop to get grease out of seats and carpets in cars :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Or just buy a new carpet so i can keep my job… :exclamation: :exclamation: :smiling_imp: :smiley: :astonished: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I agree with Ali . swarfega moves most stuff if it doesnt shift it try for the old favorite baby wipes.

Beer would be the best bet.

■■■■ off down to the pub.

http://trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=277&highlight=clean++viz

thats the only one i can find, but its more to do with hi viz but mentions the same things as on here so it must work, :smiley:

Dry cloth.

peteandbrenda:
go down to your local car parts suppier buy a tin of break cleaner, spray it onto a clean white rag not a coloured one and use that to sponge it off the carpet, you might be able to spray it direct onto the carpet but i would check somewhere it cant be seen to make sure you dont lift the colour. thats what we use to use when i worked on the workshop to get grease out of seats and carpets in cars :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Normal brake cleaner is not a solvent.

But Carb Cleaner is and should work well.