Illegals in my fridge

got caught out this week ,loaded amsterdam tuesday pm with 45 gall drums of conc fruit juice for somerset, put padlock on, set fridge to minus 18 and away, got to calais weds am, into heartbeat shed ( french run) no prolem, into u k borders , open up please driver, put key in paddlock, it fell apart and sitting inside quite cold were 3 vietnamese, after 3 hour delay they let me go, but only after giving me a letter and explaining that if they are not satisfied i did enough to prevent this from happening i could get fined up to 2000 pounds for each one of them, has this happened to anyone else on here ■■?

If you parked up anywhere near Calais, then you were asking for it. I’ve never had a problem so far, but we ship our trailers out of Zeebrugge, and that doesn’t seem to have as many troublesome illegals. But we’ve had people stow away inside. And according to the immigration people, sealing your trailer when you know it’s secure isn’t enough.
Heartbeat scans aren’t much use, nor are CO2 detectors, they always find a way round it.
I make it a personal policy to never take a break of any kind within an hour’s drive of a port with a UK bound trailer on the back. It’s kept me out of that kind of trouble so far.
Did you check your padlock at any point?

alikat, can u tell me exactly what im asking for, if i didn,t park up id be illegal , its come to something when u cant do a days work and park up and sleep soundly, its about time blokes took the law into their own hands, i mean lets face it ,if im paying 6 grand out i,d like to get a return on it one way or another, and yes i did check the padlock in the morning before moveing on to calais, apparantley they use the latest in clear industrial strengh adhesives to glue them back together once they.ve put the stowaways in, but hey ,lets face it, its so much better on the road in europe than it is in england!!! you really think so ■■?

think allikat is being a bit sanctimonious here. simply parking 1 hour away from calais does not mean you wont get illegals. dont really see how a driver parking at calais for whatever reason would mean he was asking for it to happen,plus running at minus temps and a padlock on a fridge might make you feel a bit more secure.

It does not matter where you park up
illegals have been found in trucks
miles away from the ferrys or the tunnel,
you need to use the best security that
you or your boss will supply, Try getting
a secure seal system fitted also how
expensive was your padlock, a CHUBB
or INGERSOL padlock will deter the people
and you will see if it has been opened by
some one else…Use one way metal
seals, try parking where you have a secure parking
orwhere you can block the doors so that they can
not be opened, How ever it us according to those who
enforce the laws the drivers job to ensure that no one is
illegaly on board, so Check ,check and check again,

Heres’ what I do — and it’ll cost no time at all — Fine, you want to get close to the port and have a break, do your shopping, get diesel, etc etc. Well do it in this order.
You can get down to the Calais/Coquelles area do what you have to do, then turn around in the direction of Belgium, park up. The low-lives will think hey he’s going out !!! You could even carry on towards Boulogne and park up in a service area near there. How much time will it cost to double back after the daily break ? Wasting 15/20 mins doing a double back will probably get you a good night sleep, it certainly worked for me.

As a footnote to this, which will really wind up the PC brigade :blush:
when shipping out from England and I needed a break, I used to park up in the direction of the docks, around Calais or in Belgium , really winds up the stowaways when they realise they are heading the wrong way :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: after you’ve turned round to head away from the ports

come on now allikat you are never going to get anyone in your trl loading out of meldagem then going to the port :open_mouth: :open_mouth: 45 min drive :laughing: :laughing: unless mick is getting one of his drivers home for the weekend cheap :slight_smile: :slight_smile: see you at heilbronn maybe :exclamation: :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing: meow

You sure their vietnamese and not from CHILLY :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ganges boy:
got caught out this week ,loaded amsterdam tuesday pm with 45 gall drums of conc fruit juice for somerset, put padlock on, set fridge to minus 18 and away, got to calais weds am, into heartbeat shed ( french run) no prolem,into u k borders, open up please driver, put key in paddlock, it fell apart and sitting inside quite cold were 3 vietnamese, after 3 hour delay they let me go, but only after giving me a letter and explaining that if they are not satisfied i did enough to prevent this from happening i could get fined up to 2000 pounds for each one of them, has this happened to anyone else on here ■■?

Was that in Calais or Dover? I would suggest your argument if it was Dover is they must have been fence jumpers or they would have been frozen by Dover, if it was Calais then your argument would be harder, but to state you would not have done it yourself as a murder charge would be the result by the time you got off the ferry

parked up far side of dunkuerke, padlock was big stainless joby, ill take all suggestions on board,

Anyone know if any euro works available.what s the average rate for it thanks

in a Fridge ? ye should have set it at minus 25, and let 'em freeze

Just a little tip take it or leave it but it touch wood seems to have worked for me. If heading back to calais and having to park on the E40 E15 etc. I always turn back on myself and park Europe bound. Yes it takes 15 mins etc. but even thicko’s won’t get into a trailer obviously heading into Europe.

As I say take it or leave it its just what I do!! :smiley: :wink:

Bugger i’ll no doubt have 40 illegals in the back next run!! :smiley: :open_mouth: :smiley:

N2N Transport:
Just a little tip take it or leave it but it touch wood seems to have worked for me. If heading back to calais and having to park on the E40 E15 etc. I always turn back on myself and park Europe bound. Yes it takes 15 mins etc. but even thicko’s won’t get into a trailer obviously heading into Europe.

A Dover boarding lane card in the front of your dashboard, to add authenticity, does no harm either. Not a 3 month old, dog eared, faded one though. It’s supposed to be there because you haven’t chucked after just getting off the boat.

Minus18? Not that I’m doubting you, but they couldn’t have been in there very long. As for trying to trick clandestines by parking in the opersit direction, it rarely works. These people are desprite not bumb and are watching who came from where. No driver is “asking for it” regardless of where you park. Like saying women ask for ■■■■ if they ware short skirts idiot. the only real way to stop this is proper security on you lorry and regular checks. Didn’t think UK authrioties bothered unless you was found in a UK port area as technically they haven’t entered the UK only a UK controlled area. Sorry this post isn’t a lot of help to you, but just thought I’d add my bit for wot its worth