Illegal asylum sekers

Now heres a story i have to tell…arrived in work this morning and found the yard full of police etc…turns out a french driver arrived with 4 illegals on board…in a fridge trailer as well…the police duly arrested the illegals…sat them on the ground whilst they searched them and their belongings…then duly offered them a cigarette…in our no smoking yard…an ambulance was also there …possibly because they were suffering from hypothermia…at least the woman was…and eventually they left …the load was condemned…the trailer had been used as a toilet…and no doubt poor old nobby dressingtable has to pick up the tab…what puzzles me is …why wasnt the driver arrested and fined £2000 per illegal …as the english are …or is it a case of not being able to prove where they got on-board…maybe the fines are only payable at a port…

i think the fine is for bringing them into the country. Hence as you say there’s no proof he actually brought them in, they ‘could’ have got on within the UK

He would hardly let them use his truck as a toilet. They must have been in there for some time & some idiot put them in a fridge…If he had closed the door on them he would have turned the fridge off & dumped them as soon as pos. Not wait until he arrived at your place.

IT is not the first time that a fridge has been used and will no doubt not be the last time.Unfortunatly the enforcement officers rarely get the main person it is all ways the small crook,Also onthe German net I use as well there was a post about a young lady driver clearing the security checks in Calais, and the illegals got put into the pallet box ,ON THE BOAT,as luck would have it they gave themselves away and she called the police who came and took them away, so be careful and check your vehicle before you leave the ship,

dennisw1:
i think the fine is for bringing them into the country. Hence as you say there’s no proof he actually brought them in, they ‘could’ have got on within the UK

That is exactly the reason why, thay have to get you at the point of entry to be able to issue the fine.

truckyboy:
Now heres a story i have to tell…arrived in work this morning and found the yard full of police etc…turns out a french driver arrived with 4 illegals on board…in a fridge trailer as well…the police duly arrested the illegals…sat them on the ground whilst they searched them and their belongings…then duly offered them a cigarette…in our no smoking yard…an ambulance was also there …possibly because they were suffering from hypothermia…at least the woman was…and eventually they left …the load was condemned…the trailer had been used as a toilet…and no doubt poor old nobby dressingtable has to pick up the tab…what puzzles me is …why wasnt the driver arrested and fined £2000 per illegal …as the english are …or is it a case of not being able to prove where they got on-board…maybe the fines are only payable at a port…

Were there some signs Bob… :wink:

PS Are you on for Nobby ?

One of our drivers was at Frankley services about 3-4 weeks ago when he saw 4 black illegals get out the back of a Polish wagon,He went into the Petrol station,where the illegals were trying to scrounge money and get a lift,and told the woman behind the counter to phone the police,which she did,after 30 mins they still had’nt arrived,so my mate went to the security guard in the services and told a lie that the illegals were harrassing women in the carpark,so the guard phoned the police and they were there in 5 minutes. :imp:
Just shows you that the police are’nt reallyt interested in illegals,but as soon as you say the words “harrassing” and “women” they’re there like a shot :unamused: :unamused:
Dont know what happened to the Polish driver though,Probably disappeared into the traffic :unamused: