BE ALERT

yesterday after fueling up in calais and heading for the boat at the end of the road where i had to give way to a car out the bushes i saw 4 blokes running towards my rear
i didnt even come to a full stop (yes i know i should have had a lock,seal TIR cord on but i didnt)
anyway as i go around corner i see my trailer door swing open
know full well that at least a couple jumped on i stop to close the door and drive on to calais dock
told to line up for the heartbeat monitor, any my turn comes into shed i drive and they put 3 thingys on to truck and trailer.
a couple of mins later Iam told OK to go!!! I then insist on the security bloke having a rummage inside the trailer and lo and behold he comes out and says you have 2 onboard
so beaware of the clowns opperating the heart beat in Calais
and yes my TIR will be on next time i fuel up in calais

malcolmj:
…and yes my TIR will be on next time i fuel up in calais

Hi malcolmj, I’m sorry to hear your story. :frowning:

I fear that a TIR cord and seal might not be enough to deter these people. :frowning:

Have you read the post by j.gooch near the bottom of :arrow_right: THIS PAGE ? because the TIR cord and seals didn’t seem to do him much good. There’s also a mention of those ‘techy’ monitors… :frowning:

and i forgot to say this happened at 1400 hours local not in the middle of the night :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

On thursday morning at 0640 there was a lithuanian driver with 7 immigrants on board his trailer inside the dock. How do I know? because I followed him through the heartbeat monitor and the CO2 checks.

It is a joke that these detectors cannot find them but a driver is supposed to climb inside with a torch and check.

At least the french can use some common sense and see how the illegals are getting in.

The border agency are just making it easier to let them in

dieseldave:
I fear that a TIR cord and seal might not be enough to deter these people. :frowning:
(

I’ve always used a small padlock through the end of the TIR cord, much harder to open quickly by an ‘illegal’ than a seal and very easy to spot if its been tampered with.

RT.

no amount of padlocks or tir cords will prevent them hitching a ride on an axle, until I saw it I wouldnt have believed the space they can fit into :open_mouth:

Wheel Nut:
no amount of padlocks or tir cords will prevent them hitching a ride on an axle, until I saw it I wouldnt have believed the space they can fit into :open_mouth:

Yeah, i would be a rubbish illegal!!! i would have to lie on top of a flat bed, cause i would never get on the axle. Not without overloading the axle anyway :laughing:

daleyboy:

Wheel Nut:

Yeah, i would be a rubbish illegal!!! i would have to lie on top of a flat bed, cause i would never get on the axle. Not without overloading the axle anyway :laughing:

Spread the weight Daley :slight_smile: Put a long plank of wood over all 3 axles an then lay on that :wink:

pierrot 14:

daleyboy:

Wheel Nut:

Spread the weight Daley :slight_smile: Put a long plank of wood over all 3 axles an then lay on that :wink:

It would have to be a bloody thick plank. Maybe i could use a couple of scousers LOL :laughing:

daleyboy:
It would have to be a bloody thick plank. Maybe i could use a couple of scousers LOL :laughing:

Easy does it now we’ve got feelings as well you know, I could take offence!! and if I did I’d probably take your gate, garage doors & hub caps while I was at it. so there!!

RT. (scouse & proud!!)

bigr250:

daleyboy:

Easy does it now we’ve got feelings as well you know, I could take offence!! and if I did I’d probably take your gate, garage doors & hub caps while I was at it. so there!!

RT. (scouse & proud!!)

same hereee !!!

Why on earth would anyone stop at Calais? except to get on boat!

Dont ya know its dangerous there? :unamused: