Illegals - Calais Port

This morning coming back from Germany through Calais Port at around 9am having gone through the controls (in my car) we were held up by the French Police blue lights flashing for about 3 mins while they unloaded about 6-8 illegals from the back of an Irish truck parked in one of the lanes in the port.
My question is having read several topics on here about illegals in Calais, how did the truck manage to get through all the checks proir to entering the parking area before loading?
The trailer was only part loaded with a few pallets, surely the driver would have checked before arrriving at the port?
Or if you think you may have illegals on board do you go through, inform the police anfd they take them off in the Port?
Hope this is not a stupid question

Crispie
:question: :question:

Not every truck goes through checks in my experience. Though I always checked prior to entering the port.

The Government wants them in, they could stop it tommorow if the wanted to, remember years ago ,you went on your hols brought a bit of booze and a few ■■■■ when there was quite a difference in price the customs would stand there with beady eyes looking for a false move ,no the lyers could stop it right now I dont know why but we will find out when the thirty year papers are released.

crispie:
This morning coming back from Germany through Calais Port at around 9am having gone through the controls (in my car) we were held up by the French Police blue lights flashing for about 3 mins while they unloaded about 6-8 illegals from the back of an Irish truck parked in one of the lanes in the port.
My question is having read several topics on here about illegals in Calais, how did the truck manage to get through all the checks proir to entering the parking area before loading?
The trailer was only part loaded with a few pallets, surely the driver would have checked before arrriving at the port?
Or if you think you may have illegals on board do you go through, inform the police anfd they take them off in the Port?
Hope this is not a stupid question

Crispie
:question: :question:

forget the conspiracy theories, this is big business and the illegals will go in through the roof, or through the doors and the seal is reattached by the traffickers. The only way is to rely on the scanners or heartbeat machine, but even they are not foolproof.

Of course if they are not sealed, then the driver gets a fine of up to 2k per person. But being Irish registered it was probably a Bulgarian or Polish driver who will be told not to do it again.

When the French police get them out of a trailer, all they do is give them a lift back to the dock gates

went through all checks and given all clear, in the lanes i heard noises from trailer, called gendarmes over, 3 illegals in trailer.