ibis

a mate of mine sent me a this picture of his truck when he worked for ibis sorry about the quality of the pic but is a old one.

that looks like a white from america

A Road Boss unless Im much mistaken.

This company ran out of Sandbach if my memory is correct and only had maybe 5/6 tractor units but because one or two of them were ‘Yanks’, the forward control WHITE pictured and also I think they had a WHITE cabover all with the distinctive & unusual black & green livery plus they also had a Bedford TM 4400 with a V6 or V8 Two Stroke Detroit Diesel and possiblly with the M/E spec cab, on the road at the time it was picked up by TRUCK/TRUCK & DRIVER magazine and a subsequent article was produced. I don’t think ‘the curse of being on the front page news in the trucking press’ was the downfall for this company. Their operating licence was revoked indefintely and all their drivers convicted of a a large number of offences, not just tacho & hours things but importation of illegal substances and other contraband material.
After IBIS’s sad demise :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I had the unpleasant task of double manning with one of their ex ‘drivers’ on regular trunk work to Stranraer & Cairnryan and believe me as we drove along the A75 one night he just ripped up a months worth of tacho cards and threw them out the his window. This so called proffesional Driver thought he was teaching me a few tricks of the trade :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
What a [zb]. He had no idea of how to work legal and according to him neither did ‘IBIS’ and he was trying to behave the same way with this company that I had been employed by for 4yrs.
To cut a long story short he was left in Stranraer that Sunday morning and I brought it back to the Moss Cafe and had a weekly rest period. I had rang the’ TOP MAN’ at the time and said I wouldn’t carry on with this guy and they told me to drop him at the Stranraer Depot and pick up my trailer for return and then just run to wherever I needed to park up.

Regards
Dave Penn

(Edited for a censor dodge. If you need to put stars or symbols in, or mis-spell a word, take that as a hint it isn’t allowed and use another word. Simon)

Weren’t they once called Morgan Overland.

davepenn54:
This company ran out of Sandbach if my memory is correct and only had maybe 5/6 tractor units but because one or two of them were ‘Yanks’, the forward control WHITE pictured and also I think they had a WHITE cabover all with the distinctive & unusual black & green livery plus they also had a Bedford TM 4400 with a V6 or V8 Two Stroke Detroit Diesel and possiblly with the M/E spec cab, on the road at the time it was picked up by TRUCK/TRUCK & DRIVER magazine and a subsequent article was produced. I don’t think ‘the curse of being on the front page news in the trucking press’ was the downfall for this company. Their operating licence was revoked indefintely and all their drivers convicted of a a large number of offences, not just tacho & hours things but importation of illegal substances and other contraband material.
After IBIS’s sad demise :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I had the unpleasant task of double manning with one of their ex ‘drivers’ on regular trunk work to Stranraer & Cairnryan and believe me as we drove along the A75 one night he just ripped up a months worth of tacho cards and threw them out the his window. This so called proffesional Driver thought he was teaching me a few tricks of the trade :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
What a [zb]. He had no idea of how to work legal and according to him neither did ‘IBIS’ and he was trying to behave the same way with this company that I had been employed by for 4yrs.
To cut a long story short he was left in Stranraer that Sunday morning and I brought it back to the Moss Cafe and had a weekly rest period. I had rang the’ TOP MAN’ at the time and said I wouldn’t carry on with this guy and they told me to drop him at the Stranraer Depot and pick up my trailer for return and then just run to wherever I needed to park up.

What a place to spend the weekend Stranraer.

:laughing:

georgeking:
Weren’t they once called Morgan Overland.

correct they were called Morgan Overland. :laughing:

I remember they also had a Mercedes 1832.

georgeking:
I remember they also had a Mercedes 1832.

they had two mercs i think and when i can find it i have a photo hiding some where :laughing:

Thanks for sharing another brilliant old picture with us Geoff but tell me, is this one on papyrus or goat skin. :slight_smile:

Was this the one?

i knew id seen a pic of one of them mercs.truckerash posted this pic in the 80,s trucking international topic

mushroomman:
Thanks for sharing another brilliant old picture with us Geoff but tell me, is this one on papyrus or goat skin. :slight_smile:

well steve it’s hard to tellwhat it is on but i think phil as has it in his back pocket for the last 35 years :laughing:

bestbooties:
Was this the one?

thanks Ian thats not the picture i was on about .but i for got i had that one as well.thats bunchy and the honey monster in doha.
thanks carl for that one :smiley:

the flying foden:

mushroomman:

well steve it’s hard to tellwhat it is on but i think phil as has it in his back pocket for the last 35 years :laughing:

I dont believe Bunchie has had those jeans on for 35 years but can you ask him to look in the other pocket and see if he has got any old THOR pictures. :smiley:
Looking at bestbooties photos from the Moat house Phil looks really well :smiley:

steve i have some old thor pic’s when i get 5 mns i will email them to you .