I think i feel unemployable for a hgv job

well that sounds a bit drastic i suppose but here is the reason.

The other week i applied for a job but under diffrent terms , genrally one of my friends works there and because i dont have any experience i offered to go on a run or 2 just watching then a run or 2 driving back from wherever double manning with him and then 1 or 2 where i take a load and so does he , all this for free yes FREE as this would give them confidence in me and i would get some experience . they said that its a good idea and that they would be ok for doing this and that they just needed to sort the insurance, to wich they where a bit weary about the excess if anything went wrong so i offered to pay that if i was to prang the unit . its been a week now since i went and they said that they where happy about what was going to happen . i have heard nothing back and my friend has been told there waiting on insurance still .

i just feel a bit down because genrally in a way i would be paying them to work and i feel like there using the insurance as an excuse but my question is . does insurance for fleet actually take this long and i am just presuming the worst , i have e-mailed them today asking if there is any update about what is happening and i am waiting for a reply.

thanks for reading i just needed that little rant

al

They are hardly going to pull out all the stops for you,if they were really keen to get you insured,then all it would take is a phone call.

al_P:
all this for free yes FREE

al_P:
i offered to go on a run or 2 just watching then a run or 2 driving back from wherever double manning with him

Agree with that as the company does not gain any real advantage

al_P:
then 1 or 2 where i take a load and so does he

but not with that as it it taking money out of another drivers pocket

i did not say they should “pull out all the stops” if i sounded like i was impliying that i was not , sorry about that

as for taking another drivers job i am not as they are looking for drivers as there short hence why i was a bit confused as i would be helping out , well at least thats what i thought.

EDIT: just deleted a bit as sods law i got a phone call saying that they are indeed still waiting for insurane and the reason beng is that it is because they have never done this before so it is taking longer . so at least i am in the know about what is happening now :slight_smile: . hope it does work out because it will be the first job i get where i actually want to do it and not doing it just for the money .