Agency?????

Hi All

Well been looking now for the past few weeks still no bites but keep trying, I would like to put a dilemma to you guys and ask for opinions… I have signed with an agency (but not overly confident haha), they have mentioned a possible perm job and who it would be with but it seems it may stall and contacts abit lack, Im thinking they are not man enough to secure. Meanwhile another agency has mentioned the same job but said they wouldn’t wont to poach me from anyone else…I have two thoughts 1. should I encourage the 2nd agency to put me forward as well or 2. Should I call the company themselves (I have the contact name) speak to him and try to get a face to face he seems (from description) to be a genuine guy who would maybe appreciate a pro active move. The work is recycling RORO so some advice about this type of work would be great, is it a doddle■■? is it something you can work with to gain hgv1 maybe as they have class 1 in fleet as well i believe■■?
Well gimme your best shots guys you know this business im just a new guy !!!

Imo while the agencies might get wind of it and go mad at you… you don’t get if you don’t ask.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

yeah that’s what I was thinking but maybe im too nice as dont want to p@@s on my own front door so to speak

willamy02:
Hi All

Well been looking now for the past few weeks still no bites but keep trying, I would like to put a dilemma to you guys and ask for opinions… I have signed with an agency (but not overly confident haha), they have mentioned a possible perm job and who it would be with but it seems it may stall and contacts abit lack, Im thinking they are not man enough to secure. Meanwhile another agency has mentioned the same job but said they wouldn’t wont to poach me from anyone else…I have two thoughts 1. should I encourage the 2nd agency to put me forward as well or 2. Should I call the company themselves (I have the contact name) speak to him and try to get a face to face he seems (from description) to be a genuine guy who would maybe appreciate a pro active move. The work is recycling RORO so some advice about this type of work would be great, is it a doddle■■? is it something you can work with to gain hgv1 maybe as they have class 1 in fleet as well i believe■■?
Well gimme your best shots guys you know this business im just a new guy !!!

Who better to advertise your skill set and answer questions about you than…you

The agencies may be genuine, but you are much more motivated to secure your one client (I.e. You) a chat and possible interview.

They might get a bit miffed at you going direct, but they will soon be so busy dealing with the Christmas rush to worry about one of 10’s or maybe 100’s of temps on the books.

Look after yourself, but don’t go out of your way to stick 2 fingers up to the agencies.

The very best of luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotta look after no 1 and I don’t think for 1 minute that one agency has the morals to feel bad about poaching you from another. Go for it and don’t lose any sleep over hurting their feelings

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk