Insurance

Can anyone help me Ive been provisional offered my first job as a Class 2 driver only the company offering me the job has said they’ve got to check with there insurance first as to weather my 6 years driving coaches counts as commercial experience.This was 4 days ago now and everytime I ring they still haven’t found out so im now not sure if im being fobbed off or they are genuinely waiting to find out have any of you been in a similar situation and if so what was the outcome.

I’d expect the Insurance Co to come back by close of play the following day.

By way of information for you, our Insurers don’t increase the premium for drivers that are either under 25/ have little experience, they increase the excess. Might be worth asking if that’s the case here and offer to pay the excess if you have a bump.

Good luck.

To be honest that’s what they said maybe the case just cant understand why they now seem to be dragging there heels if they now don’t want to take me on just say im a big boy anyways we’ll see what tomorrow brings ive emailed them this evening just asking for either an answer or an update

Jesus pay the excess …why would you look somewhere else maybe I had a few less experinced drivers over the years but never hit a driver with a excess…just think they may be stalling you for something else …

cliff, I was meaning the excess on the excess. Our excess is a 500.00, for a driver under 25 it’s a grand, so I was talking about the extra £500.00.

As it happens, I have had a couple of lads under 25 and I haven’t asked them to pay the extra, I was merely making a suggestion to the OP to see if it helped him move forward.