I owe andy a pint

Andy mate, cheers for giving me the name of the company, i am going down on monday to see derek about training etc, spent the day with mark on tuesday and did some deliveries etc, quite interesting.

Owe you one. Thanx

Dead on Roger,
Let me know what unit you will be training in as when I’m out on the road in one of “Montys” Renaults or Scanies I pass a right few of “Peppers” trucks,especially near the mills in Belfast.Might be able to give you a horn blast,wave or the old flash of lights!!!
Must see Derek to ask if he wants me to be an employment consultant!!!
Cheers,
Big Truck.

big truck are you pulling tankers for monty?? If so were you on the westlink on Thursday evening at about 5pm ■■ Just wondering as i was behind a monty tanker for a bit through the usual heavy traffic!! I wasnt in the truck but in my car!!

regards

kev

No SKK,
I just pull the old vans,flats and curtainsiders but might try doing the ADR after I try for the CPC on 3rd March!!!
Who do you drive for and how will I recognise you on the road?
Heres a warning for you guys who hide your truck keys around the unit for another driver to collect=Went to Stena lines this morning to pick-up unit 435 a Renault 420CDI which I had been driving on Friday,keys weren’t in usual “hidey hole” and I spent 30 mins looking around the unit to no avail.Called guy who had driven it nightshift Fri into Sat and he said he put the keys back the the usual “hidey hole”,turns out Montys TM thinks some ■■■■■■ has nicked them to use the fuel keycard that was also on the keyring,they are expecting a few gallons of diesel to be missing from the account!!! :unamused:

Big truck im off the road at the minute due to health issues but i can sometimes be found in an fl6 or iveco in plain white(box and cab) with red sunvisor and red bumper. A guy in dublin runs it and i do the running to and from dublin for him or else doing the tramping all week for him!!

Money not bad but the hours can be punishing.

regards

kev

Get well soon Kev,
I’ll keep an eye out for those colours,we must meet up some time for a pint if you live in Belfast as I’m not too far away in Ards and tell some trucker “war stories”!!!
Good luck,
Andy.