Wh Malcolm

Hi all.
I see the above are advertising c+e at sherburn. Anybody any info on the usual please :slight_smile:

Can’t comment on the money side of things, but I do know it’s not the greatest paying job out there. But any driver I’ve ever spoken to seems to be happy there as they are never forced to rush about, are never stressed and never under any pressure. Thats got to be a good thing surely. Fleet is also maintained to a very high standard. It’s usually full loads they deliver, but quite recently, I’ve seen them using rigids doing single pallet deliveries to some cash & carrys in Glasgow.

As said above money ain’t great but it was regular. I was on tippers then a stint or artics.my only problem was the trunk runs were very close to your driving time,any delays and I feel I’d have been screwed but that’s just my own opinion. Office staff very helpful and vehicles always legal and up to date.they want you to work but who doesn’t. I’d try going back if my circumstances changed , good luck

Thanks for the info guys. I got an e-mail asking for my number so hopefully find out soon :slight_smile:

Coastlinertoddy:
Thanks for the info guys. I got an e-mail asking for my number so hopefully find out soon :slight_smile:

Fingers crossed for you mate.

Good kit… Just got a few 12 reg Volvo FM’s

A colleague used to work for them, IIRC it was £7.50 but that was around 3 years back.

damoq:
Fingers crossed for you mate.

…

An appreciation of roadside photographers will help, too. Unlike this unhappy soul. Best of luck.

Edited to remove Reg number.JPG

did you get anywhere bud? i’m thinking of applying myself just waiting to see if i get layed off or not 1st :unamused:

When you say money ain’t great, what’s not great?? Just interested as sherburn isn’t too far from me and might apply depending on the vital T&Cs

LGV CLASS 1 DRIVERS
Vacancy from
Job No:CAV/59048
Add to ‘My job basket’
SOC Code: 8211 Wage
Exceeds National Minimum Wage
Hours
45 PER WEEK, 5 FROM 7 NIGHTS
Duration
Permanent
Date posted
19 September 2012
Pension details
Pension available
Description
The Malcolm Group a highly successful logistics operator currently has permanent vacancies for night drivers at our Castleford site. The shift patterns available include working 5 from 7 night shifts. Class 1 CE licence essential previous experience preferred. A varied role involving nationwide delivery and collection of third party products on curtain sided vehicles and containers. Good clean work. Benefits include workwear subject to conditions and pension scheme with life assurance. Successful candidates will have a professional attitude and good communication skills. To apply send CV application to nicholsonm@whm.co.uk

Vacancies in Castleford if anyone is interested. Spotted this looking through the job site. HTH :slight_smile:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

Any ideas on what exactly ‘exceeds minimum wage’ will mean?
£6:30? Or a decent rate?
Any ideas people?

What do you think

Never worked there ( you have) so you tell me?
Ive heard hey pay hourly on days and salary on nights, is this correct?