I need a job

Im going to be starting my training eventually when my funding is all sorted but I need to get back out there working been putting it off going back to work because I was hoping to off started my training a few weeks ago but the funding orgainsation are messing around after weeks of chasing them im told that it has been suspended for a couple of weeks im thinking that because it the end of the tax year coming up they are running low on funds and as there is 23 of us on this course its a fair amount of money but i am told that we are going to get it and hopefully will be sarting within the next couple of weeks but I need to get working between now and then Im looking for night work driving vans as i only have car licence passed after 97 but do have 5 years experiance thinking nights so when i start my training and carry on working and as im looking at doing class 2 & then 1 and cpc mod 2 & 4 im thinking its going to be atleast a couple of months before ive got my licences and simply cannot afford to carry on living on the dole and plus it is really driving me nuts after 8 months of getting up taking kids to school coming home going shopping im going flaming nuts Im in Birmingham can anyone help with any contacts or anything thanks in advance

Jesus you think you can go from car to 7.5 tonne to class 2 and class 1 in a couple of months! as far as I remember you have to stay at class 2 for a period of time not 100% sure as you do hear some wild ones when people get their facts mixed, but good luck

sankev13:
Jesus you think you can go from car to 7.5 tonne to class 2 and class 1 in a couple of months! as far as I remember you have to stay at class 2 for a period of time not 100% sure as you do hear some wild ones when people get their facts mixed, but good luck

Not true - I did my class 2 waited a few monthes then went on to do my class 1 :wink:

no you can do them of the back of each other as long as you have your license back from dvla with C&E provisional upgrade on it and you C cat to show you are passed on rigid vehicles

sankev13:

Yep lots of drivers have done back to back tests, as soon as you’ve done c and get your licence back you can go test again for c + e.

The legal way it can now be done -
Age 17 car ‘B’ licence
Age 18 ‘C’ licence & THE INITIAL DRIVER CPC - no need for ‘C1’ first
Wait for licence to come back from DVLA after passing ‘C’
Age 18 ‘C+E’ licence

Possible to have C+E before being 18 years and 2 months old.

This is probably a discussion for a new thread :bulb: :slight_smile:

To the OP and back to topic…
If you go back to work does that screw up your funding :question:

if working nights im hoping they will never know i know its abit of a risk but being out of work is driving me mad, and theres the money situation ive had to sell my car to get my kids xmas presents and every other week when i dont get my giro we are borrowing money off family im isck of living off my girlfriends money and i just dont feel like a man ive always been brought up that the man goes out to work and earns the money to put food on the table my dads a grafter and that has rubbed off on me ive never had any complaints about my work effort i really do miss driving and working and really miss earning money

do you think im taking a stupid risk or should i hold out should be starting my training soon so that will keep me busy rog you have really got me thinking now i dont want to lose out of this chance of doing a job that ive always wanted to do, and finding a job and losing my funding would be a disaster as ive got a great chance of getting straight into work with a good company and they aint going to wait until ive manged to save money to pay for it myself

Big Brummie Macca:
do you think im taking a stupid risk or should i hold out should be starting my training soon so that will keep me busy rog you have really got me thinking now i dont want to lose out of this chance of doing a job that ive always wanted to do, and finding a job and losing my funding would be a disaster as ive got a great chance of getting straight into work with a good company and they aint going to wait until ive manged to save money to pay for it myself

Only you can make the decision on that one

Big Brummie Macca:
well the course is provided for by the probation service so if working nights im hoping they will never know

I could be reading this quote the wrong way… apologies if I am but…
…If you are thinking about working at night and training during the day I would very strongly advise against it

i did my C then C+E back to back. did my class 2 in july and my class 1 on the day of my stag do, was late to it lol. Once you get into the truck you will be fine. I passed my car test in 2001 and only had experience driving 3.5 tonne van, then my company put me through my B+E test which i passed. That gave me a good insight into the class 1 test as its the same test just smaller vehicle in the B+E. When u pass your class 2 let the examiner take your licence and send it off, the dvla seem to send it back quicker. Good luck on your road ahead. :sunglasses:

Well I have decided to give it a couple of weeks see what happens with my funding and take it from there its just really frustrating and getting me down got to go and sign on today and I hate it. Some of the people in there make me sick they really do I know some people will be in the same situation as myself or where they want to work but are struggling to find work but there are some right scum bags in there and when i am working it really will do my head in that im paying my taxes to keep these lazy ■■■■■■■. I just hope all this gets sorted so I can get some self pride back and get working again it really is a slippery slope being out of work I have had many bad times and made many mistakes in my life reason I am on probation for a start but this has got to be one of the hardest and lowest points I used to moan about my job sometimes but I tell you what working is a million times better than doing nothing.

Thanks for all the replies I am sure i will get there in the end.

Big Brummie Macca:

So are you not coming to work for Elite now then?

:laughing:

only time will tell but anything is better than being on the bloody dole

what do you think of them my dad seams pretty happy there but to be honest as long as i get paid and if out all week have a decent truck which I now the volvos and mans are nice motors I will be happy

nothing definite because of my age but from what ive read from experienced drivers struggling to find work i think its my best shot

Big Brummie Macca:
only time will tell but anything is better than being on the bloody dole

what do you think of them my dad seams pretty happy there but to be honest as long as i get paid and if out all week have a decent truck which I now the volvos and mans are nice motors I will be happy

nothing definite because of my age but from what ive read from experienced drivers struggling to find work i think its my best shot

after reading your thread it seems like you relying on funding, your pi55ed off and desperate for a driving job, if thats the case i wouldnt think too far ahead in as much as you being happy if you get a decent motor like a volvo etc… i would be happy just to get off the dole and i wouldnt rely on getting funding either, its hard for everyone at the moment but being positive and gettin out there does take you that extra mile, if migrants can find work so can you bud, looking for answers from others on what you want will only hinder you, if you want it hard enough you will get it but the old saying goes you have to walk b4 u can run, only you can make this happen no one else, maybe what i say you find a little harsh but its the truth fella, so pick yourself up take a deep breath and go get em!! :wink:

I know what you are saying mate i think you are miss undestanding me a little my funding is in place its just been suspended for a couple of weeks due to end of tax year which i have in writing aswel now and you are right i would be happy driving any wagon but the company that im hoping to get a job with run volvos and mans this my dream and i wont give up on it and im determined to get there in the end and mate they wernt harsh words its what ive been thinking myself

Big Brummie Macca:
I know what you are saying mate i think you are miss undestanding me a little my funding is in place its just been suspended for a couple of weeks due to end of tax year which i have in writing aswel now and you are right i would be happy driving any wagon but the company that im hoping to get a job with run volvos and mans this my dream and i wont give up on it and im determined to get there in the end and mate they wernt harsh words its what ive been thinking myself

just be careful on the funding i was ready to do a funded adr but turned out sour i to had letters but hopefully all will be good for you , and dont worry about waitin to gain class 1 just go for it, its only reversing that can catch you out anyone can drive forward i driven class 2 for years and always thought i should wait to do class 1 , after i passed class 1 i realised i should of took it years b4, so be positive, confident and drive safely brother

Im just keeping my fingers crossed and hoping all goes well as far as the funding thanks for the words of advice fella