i got a ticket.

i was given a £30 fixed penalty about 2 weeks ago.
the unit was parked outside my house overnight, it’s a little side street, we don’t get much traffic. but the ticket said it was unlit, stationary, and dark.
it was under a street lamp FFS.

so it’s “hi, ho, hi, ho, it’s off to court i go” :laughing:

Was it parked with traffic flow and have side lights on??

ROG:

He said it was unlit so that would be a no on the sidelights don’t you think?

it was on a side street, the streetlamps are less than 200 metres apart, so it didn’t need to be illuminated. however, it was parked under a streetlamp, so it was illuminated.
well, that’s my version anyway.

limeyphil:
the unit was parked outside my house overnight, it’s a little side street, we don’t get much traffic. but the ticket said it was unlit, stationary, and dark.

Cars, goods vehicles not exceeding 1525 kg unladen weight, invalid carriages, motorcycles and pedal cycles may be parked without lights on a road (or lay-by) with a speed limit of 30 mph (48 km/h) or less if they are

at least 10 metres (32 feet) away from any junction, close to the kerb and facing in the direction of the traffic flow
in a recognised parking place or lay-by

Other vehicles and trailers, and all vehicles with projecting loads, MUST NOT be left on a road at night without lights. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I got the same years ago. Had a 7.5t. Pilkington truck outside the house. Woke at 0400 to find a ticket on the screen for being unlit.

bigvern1:
I got the same years ago. Had a 7.5t. Pilkington truck outside the house. Woke at 0400 to find a ticket on the screen for being unlit.

Look one post up. No wonder you got it.

MisterStrood:

limeyphil:

Cars, goods vehicles not exceeding 1525 kg unladen weight, invalid carriages, motorcycles and pedal cycles may be parked without lights on a road (or lay-by) with a speed limit of 30 mph (48 km/h) or less if they are

at least 10 metres (32 feet) away from any junction, close to the kerb and facing in the direction of the traffic flow

Other vehicles and trailers, and all vehicles with projecting loads, MUST NOT be left on a road at night without lights. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

So that means a sprinter van has to use side lights to park on a road at night ? Not disputing it, but never seen any with lights on.

Squiddy:

MisterStrood:

limeyphil:

So that means a sprinter van has to use side lights to park on a road at night ? Not disputing it, but never seen any with lights on.

That what it means, but one day they may see ticket behind their wipers.

limeyphil:
it was on a side street, the streetlamps are less than 200 metres apart, so it didn’t need to be illuminated.

It did.

That’s all.

it must of been a quite night for the boys in blue, my truck gets left on an industial estate every weekend along with several others never been issued a ticket in all the years i have been parking there :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I might be wrong :confused: , but vehicles being unlit at night also includes laybys at the side of the road :question:

Work Shy:
I might be wrong :confused: , but vehicles being unlit at night also includes laybys at the side of the road :question:

It does, unless the lay-by has marked parking areas which then means they are separate from the road, and it doesn’t matter whether there is any physical separation from the main carriageway such as grass verge or Armco.

For example, the road through an MSA is classed as a road and you could get a ticket if you parked on that without lights. The car park and lorry park have marked bays so are not regarded as part of the road so no ticket.

I use an old highway code and it says anything over 30cwt needs lights at night :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:

ROG:

I’m presuming you can see the post Rog made because he’s still in pre mod mode. Considering several hours later and his post still isn’t visible to us mere mortals is it not time for the management to get their thumb out of their arse and either quicken the time it takes to check the pre mod posts, or simply remove the pathetic idea in the first place. Surely he’s been sent to Coventry for long enough now.

I may not agree with his ideas but he seems to be treated far harsher than most of the other posters.

maurice:

Coffeeholic:

ROG:

I’m presuming you can see the post Rog made because he’s still in pre mod mode.

I’m using Tapatalk to access the forums at the moment, it doesn’t show me whether a post is waiting for approval or not and it acts just like a normal post, as in I can quote. If I was using a browser on my phone or a PC to access the forum it wouldn’t let me quote the post, a message pops up with something about not being able to quote an unapproved post.

maurice:
Considering several hours later and his post still isn’t visible to us mere mortals is it not time for the management to get their thumb out of their arse and either quicken the time it takes to check the pre mod posts

There isn’t a mod on here 24/7 so the time varies from seconds to hours depending if a mod is about, and spots the post, or not. It’s not an automated deal. I can’t do it from Tapatalk, modding is very limited using that.

maurice:
or simply remove the pathetic idea in the first place. Surely he’s been sent to Coventry for long enough now.

Probably not, or it would have been removed by now.

Could be worse. If you had enough time to get back to the operating center, you could be found in breach of the O licence conditions. Looks like plod gave you the easy option.

I would take it as a sign that one of your neighbours isn’t too happy about you parking your truck there.

Conor:
Could be worse. If you had enough time to get back to the operating center, you could be found in breach of the O licence conditions. Looks like plod gave you the easy option.

I would take it as a sign that one of your neighbours isn’t too happy about you parking your truck there.

i bet the boys in blue got a call from a neighbour who said “there’s a truck parked on my street and if a fire engine comes down the road it will not get past” bang, the local officers are out and a ticket is given,

Conor:

You can hardly go back to the depot when it is Ireland :open_mouth:

Typically Turton

There was a bloke near me who used to park his unit on the road at weekends, and he had a little LED on the front and rear on the offside. I don’t know if they were wired in or if he had a couple of AAA’s powering them but it seemed like a good idea. Perhaps he had neighbours like yours. Might have to do a trip to Halfords Phil.