i got a ticket.

mickyblue:

Conor:
Could be worse. If you had enough time to get back to the operating center, you could be found in breach of the O licence conditions. Looks like plod gave you the easy option.

I would take it as a sign that one of your neighbours isn’t too happy about you parking your truck there.

i bet the boys in blue got a call from a neighbour who said “there’s a truck parked on my street and if a fire engine comes down the road it will not get past” bang, the local officers are out and a ticket is given,

But if the same neighbour had phoned to report some real crime they would be still waiting for the scumbags to show. :imp: :smiling_imp: :imp: :smiling_imp:

Coffeeholic:

mickyblue:

Conor:
Could be worse. If you had enough time to get back to the operating center, you could be found in breach of the O licence conditions. Looks like plod gave you the easy option.

I would take it as a sign that one of your neighbours isn’t too happy about you parking your truck there.

i bet the boys in blue got a call from a neighbour who said “there’s a truck parked on my street and if a fire engine comes down the road it will not get past” bang, the local officers are out and a ticket is given,

But if the same neighbour had phoned to report some real crime they would be still waiting for the scumbags to show. :imp: :smiling_imp: :imp: :smiling_imp:

oh well, why rush to a crime when the crime has been committed and the offenders are long gone?. These things happen and to be honest the police will never please anyone nor please you.

anyhow from reading limeys post it doesn’t state that the ticket was from the police?

Phill, have a look at the ticket and state who issued it?

MisterStrood:

bigvern1:
I got the same years ago. Had a 7.5t. Pilkington truck outside the house. Woke at 0400 to find a ticket on the screen for being unlit.

Look one post up. No wonder you got it.

I wasn’t disputing, just agreeing with the reason for the ticket. :unamused:

mickyblue:

Coffeeholic:

mickyblue:

Conor:

oh well, why rush to a crime when the crime has been committed and the offenders are long gone?. These things happen and to be honest the police will never please anyone nor please you.

They please me sometimes.

There was a bloke near me who used to park his unit on the road at weekends, and he had a little LED on the front and rear on the offside. I don’t know if they were wired in or if he had a couple of AAA’s powering them but it seemed like a good idea. Perhaps he had neighbours like yours. Might have to do a trip to Halfords Phil.

afaik, you would need two whites for front and two reds for rear. Having only one front and back would still be illegal.

I had same when I parked an artic down side of our house overnight (complete with fridge trailer lol) but it was registered in the Isle of Man I spoke to my gaffer an he just said ignore it - we never heard anything else and it was about 10 years ago!!!

mickyblue:

Coffeeholic:

mickyblue:

Conor:

I trust that you were being sarcastic?? :confused:

limeyphil:
i was given a £30 fixed penalty about 2 weeks ago.
the unit was parked outside my house overnight, it’s a little side street, we don’t get much traffic. but the ticket said it was unlit, stationary, and dark.
it was under a street lamp FFS.

so it’s “hi, ho, hi, ho, it’s off to court i go” :laughing:

Who got the ticket, you or the unit?

Were you handed a FPN addressed to you or was it left attached to the truck?

Are you the registered keeper of the unit?

Probably too late to help you on this one, but if the unit gets a ticket then I personally leave it to the registered keeper of the vehicle to sort out. It is nothing to do with me as the driver !

del949:

There was a bloke near me who used to park his unit on the road at weekends, and he had a little LED on the front and rear on the offside. I don’t know if they were wired in or if he had a couple of AAA’s powering them but it seemed like a good idea. Perhaps he had neighbours like yours. Might have to do a trip to Halfords Phil.

afaik, you would need two whites for front and two reds for rear. Having only one front and back would still be illegal.

Source?

You only need 1 front and 1 back for any other vehicle parked at night on a 40mph+ road.

del949:

I can remember my old man having a parking light.
Used to clamp on the drivers window and plug into the ■■■ lighter socket of his Hillman Minx. :laughing:
Iirc the Merc 1617 (1979 Reg) that i used to drive, would leave either the o/s or n/s sidelights on, controlled by the indicator stalk ? :confused:

Rob K, no source that I can quote.
But next door neighbour got done for having one of those clip on parking lights (clipped on the window and plugged into the dash) that showed one red to rear and one whiet to front.
Possibly the offence may have been that the lights were not at the front and rear but were on the door.
Quite a while ago but I doubt that the laws have been altered to make life easier.

Suedehead:

del949:

Used to clamp on the drivers window and plug into the ■■■ lighter socket of his Hillman Minx. :laughing:
Iirc the Merc 1617 (1979 Reg) that i used to drive, would leave either the o/s or n/s sidelights on, controlled by the indicator stalk ? :confused:

All modern cars have that as well, controlled by the indicator stalk.

Requirements about the use of front and rear position lamps, rear registration plate lamps, side marker lamps and end-outline marker lamps

24.–(1) Save as provided in paragraphs (5) and (9), no person shall—
(a)use, or cause or permit to be used, on a road any vehicle which is in motion—.
(i)between sunset and sunrise, or.
(ii)in seriously reduced visibility between sunrise and sunset; or.
(b)allow to remain at rest, or cause or permit to be allowed to remain at rest, on a road any vehicle between sunset and sunrise.
unless every front position lamp, rear position lamp, rear registration plate lamp, side marker lamp and end-outline marker lamp with which the vehicle is required by these Regulations to be fitted is kept lit and unobscured.

lifted this from another site, can’t vouch for its accuracy though

the ticket was issued by the police. not a traffic warden.
if a neighbour has complained, then they will have to be called as a witness.
i bet they don’t turn up.

who’s on pre-mod?

then they will have to be called as a witness.

I have no experience of courts etc, but why would they have to turn up as witnesses?
the police who issued the ticket also witnessed the offence as presumably the vehicle was still parked with no lights when they arrived.

del949:

I have no experience of courts etc, but why would they have to turn up as witnesses?
the police who issued the ticket also witnessed the offence as presumably the vehicle was still parked with no lights when they arrived.

if i ask for them to be a witness, then they must do so.
i could ask them things like:-
did the vehicle cause a nuisance to you?
how far is your house from where the vehicle was parked?
are you in the habit of wasting police time?

i have lots of experience of courts, and i really enjoy it. :laughing:

Suedehead:

That was a German thing and think it was discontinued for the UK market. Audi, VW, NSU and MB had them on all their cars from the 70’s to the 90’s

I know with the later Chrysler Voyager, we could set them with the workshop computer for the UK market. They were built in Austria so were probably legal there. Our lighting regulations changed on the 1st April 1991

In the Road Vehicle Lighting Regulations Si 1989 No.1796 I found this about position lamps.

The two lamps which emit white light towards the front, and the two lamps which emit red light towards the rear, shall in each case form a matched pair.

limeyphil:

del949:

Absolute & utter bollox.

Chas:

limeyphil:

del949:

Absolute & utter bollox.

no it isn’t.