Fixed penalty notice for having no lights on

just a word of warning to other drivers . i was parked in one of the laybys just of junction 30 of the m1 last night . i awoke this morning to find a fixed penalty notice affixed to my windscreen , ticket was issued by derby constabulary at 0127 this morning and reason given on ticket for issue was “no position lamps hours of darkness” so just be carefull if ur thinking of parking there in the future, i have regularly parked in these same laybys in the past with no hassle whatso ever but was a shocker this morning to wake to that crap.

Absolutely pathetic, the member of the Filth who issued this should get the sack.

Harry is right they are filth but might be worth an appeal, this is getting to much of a money game now.

Ridiculous!!

Crime figures for June in N. Derbyshire:

Assault 183
Theft 199
theft from vehicle 103

total 1003

This is for June alone!!!

you wonder how the fuzz had time to write a ticket when so much crime is happening in the area!

There are no words to describe the copper who wrote that ticket that would not be removed, but I bet he was a Scunthorpe fan! :angry:

This subject at THAT location has been covered before :unamused:

Theres also signs up in those laybys warning about truck parking.
tis odd though, as theres other/better parking not far away, and theres even the Stockyard not 10 mins away

Pathetic yes , but unfortunatley it is a legal requirement if there is no divider to seperate the layby from the road.
If there is a divider then you can park with no lights on. No divider then lights need to be on.

Agreed, I am not questioning the law, just that,Derbyshires Plod surely have better things to do of an evening??

I wonder if he tried knocking on the door first to see if the driver was awake?

Muttzknuttz:
I wonder if he tried knocking on the door first to see if the driver was awake?

yeah, surely waking you up at 01:27 just to say “put your sidelights on drive” would have satsified their vindictive side / sense of superiority - mind you it’s all about revenue these days ain’t it? there’s no financial gain in apprehending burglars, muggers etc

boss was not to pleased either when i gave him the ticket , he said he is getting hit all ways , if we all park in laybys like that and keep sidelights on his call out charges to get drivers jump started in morning would be astronomical . my mistake though but i thought actually being parked within theproperly marked parking bay within the layby i would be ok but obviously not , i regularly stop in stockyard ,but had no cash or access to any last night so had to find next available place and as i have nor have any of our other drivers had any problems there b4 i thought nothing of parking in those laybys.

When your out of time and need to park up, That’s the law according to the TC’s.
So send them arsewipes the ticket.

I had 8 of them tickets for parking near my house in a rigid about 10 years ago.
I made a low wattage light and stuck it on the mirror. I caught the copper smashing it off on my way home from the pub. He knew he’d been caught out. He didn’t dare put a ticket on again.

That same copper tried to get my mate for drunk in charge of a motor vehicle when he was sat on a car bonnet. He lost the case and got a rosting off the magistrate. :smiley:

I don’t see why truck manufacturers dont have an extra battery on a split charge system so that side lights for the tractor and trailer run off that?! Is it so difficult to do?

Also, with LED lamps being so economical in power…

It would soon pay for yourself with regards to FPN :smiley: :smiley:

I don’t see why in a layby you have to have sidelights on, parked on a road, yes, never knew you had to in laybys. As people say, leaving your sidelights on all night could easily flatten your battery, not all trailers use LED bulbs, and the unit front and rear lights and trailer rear lights are usually normal bulbs so i’d imagine it could drawing anything upto 80-100watts in total, easily flatten a battery if on all night.

I’d be more ■■■■■■ if they woke me up tbh, as it’s interupting my rest period. They were going to issue it anyway so just saved an argument with some arrogant coppers, and if they’d woke me in the middle of my sleep for that reason I’d not be in the best mood.

willie_mac:
Harry is right they are filth but might be worth an appeal…

Maybe, but on what grounds would you appeal it? Yes its a stupid law but its also a cut-and-dried one too.

Do fixed penalty notices in the UK still have the coppers name and number on them??

If your has why not post it on here so the whole World can see what a complete knob he is!

does yor unit have a battery guard on it? if it does try appealing against it and say the battery guard kicked in. there is no way of proving it did, but there is no way of proving it didnt :wink:

blining heck - I use this road all the time (at night as well) these are layby with give way marking on the right (as per normal layby).

I have not seen one truck down there with lights on really not needed as you can see the trucks there in between the roundabouts

■■■■■■ the fuzz (I had a go at one of them yesterday and made her a right fool, that will teach her top blow the blues and twos at me when she bloody blocked me in! )

it’s nice to know, plod are patroling the laybys looking for fuel ruslers.
I’ll sleep easier knowing the noise outside is plod and not pikies.

Its a crime they have solved it therefore they get 100% on their crime figures for this incident just like speeding tickets its an instantly solved crime and it makes their figures look good.

you could buy these halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor … ryrn_31362

Ive seen these on continental vehicles before.

This happened to mate about a year ago in manchester (i think ) not in a laybye but on a industral est , 3 brits got ticket , one german never !!!

appealed on the grounds that they all should have got one or none should have been issued ,thankfully the judge/appeal agreed and it was dropped :laughing:

Muttzknuttz:
Ridiculous!!

Crime figures for June in N. Derbyshire:

Assault 183
Theft 199
theft from vehicle 103

total 1003

This is for June alone!!!

you wonder how the fuzz had time to write a ticket when so much crime is happening in the area!

There are no words to describe the copper who wrote that ticket that would not be removed, but I bet he was a Scunthorpe fan! :angry:

You was an easy target.
The copper most prabably had a call to a mugging \ stabbing \ shooting \ ■■■■ \ burglary \ act of terrorism and was either too scared or couldn’t be bothered so called in to say he was dealing with something else (you).
He needed to justify his time and you were it! :imp: :imp:
[zb] pathetic!
I wonder why law abiding people have no confidence in the plod. :unamused:

language edit…Denis F