I dont know????

What is tramping■■? Im from the U.S and have no idea what that means…

Sorry i did not mean to post this twice.

I asked the same question a couple of weeks ago.

It basically involves being away from home and living out in the lorry. collect from one place deliver to somewhere else, then head to another place and collect a load go on to another place to drop it etc etc

a ‘tramp’ means the same as a ‘hobo’ in the US, so someone that travels around from place to place doing work where he or she can. Hence the term tramping for this kind of work.

a ‘tramp’ means the same as a ‘hobo’ in the US, so someone that travels around from place to place doing work where he or she can. Hence the term tramping for this kind of work.

No Dennisw,A tramp is just what the general british public thinks we truckers are… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

A tramp is what many look like :laughing:

Wow truckers look bad over there? I dont think you all have seen the 47 year old. Beard down to his belly,weighing about 375pounds. Thats what i see here in the States. Not all the time. But more than i should.

It’s basically what we call OTR driving. And, yes, contrary to popular belief over there, UK drivers go away too! :wink:

Well thats not good. I dont think many people here half way know what europe is like. Much less how there truckers look. So not too many beliefs on anything about Europe. To the avreage American.

Big Mike:
Wow truckers look bad over there? I dont think you all have seen the 47 year old. Beard down to his belly,weighing about 375pounds. Thats what i see here in the States. Not all the time. But more than i should.

Ah yes, 47 year olds, say no more. But by the time we get past about 62 we are all 6-packed, snake-hipped, lantern jawed, and - deluded :cry:

Strewth, I’ve just translated 375 pounds - 170 kgs (27 stone). No wonder you need you need sliding axles over there :open_mouth:

Salut, David.

Well thats not good. I dont think many people here half way know what europe is like. Much less how there truckers look. So not too many beliefs on anything about Europe. To the avreage American.

With respect to yourself, i dont get the impression half of americans even know where Europe is! :laughing:

Well thanks Dennis. And i hate to tell you, i think you are right. And the younger people only see it as far as ■■■ goes. ■■■■ women and all that. There is even a movie called Euro Trip. All it does is show ■■■■ people and make fun of Europe. Another dumb-arse teen movie! I Myself would Like to go to Europe. My history is in the U.K. And all of Ireland. I s it the U.K or Great Britian(spelling) that is Northern Ireland,Scotland,England,and Whales■■?

there is nothing wrong with that movie :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

To the defence of America, I spent three months in Oklahoma/Texas in 2001 when I was 17 and although a lot of younger people couldn’t even point their own country out on a world map (same with most young Brits) there were a lot of very well educated people there too who were well up on world events and definetly not the stereotypical yank who knows nothing about anything outside his borders. My stay in America was on the most part, one of the best times of my life and that is on no small part down to the people I stayed with and met, most of whom were a darn sight more friendly and open than people in this country and I know that if there was a cat in hells chance of me being able to move to the USA I definetly would, though yes, I would then be no different to a Pole driving here.

Mike, it’s the UK which includes Northern Ireland (Ulster). Great Britain is just England, Scotland and Wales.

Or to call it by it’s full name.

“The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland”.

Actually putting it like that our country must have the longest name going! :laughing:

We live in the geographic 'British Isles" which includes the Rebublic of Ireland (Eire)

(same with most young Brits)

Well yes i couldn’t argue, most chavs would struggle to spell Britain! :blush:

dennisw1:

When I was in school, there was this very attractive but incredibly stupid blonde in my form. One day she was asked what the capital of England was, after giving it some serious thought, she said “erm, is it Scotland?”

robinhood_1984:

dennisw1:

When I was in school, there was this very attractive but incredibly stupid blonde in my form. One day she was asked what the capital of England was, after giving it some serious thought, she said “erm, is it Scotland?”

luckly for her being an attractive dumb blonde will probally get her further in life, than those of us who know that the capital of England is E. :smiley:

Big Mike:
Well thanks Dennis. And i hate to tell you, i think you are right. And the younger people only see it as far as ■■■ goes. ■■■■ women and all that. There is even a movie called Euro Trip. All it does is show ■■■■ people and make fun of Europe.

My God! There are ■■■■ women here :question: :question: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: .
I must go and tell the wife :unamused:

Muckles:
luckly for her being an attractive dumb blonde will probally get her further in life, than those of us who know that the capital of England is E.

Well what is it? It certainly isn’t London, that’s the capital of the UK. A capital is where the seat of government is situated, thus Edinburgh(Scotland), Cardiff (Wales), Belfast(NI, well not for the moment :laughing: ), Dublin(Eire). And the English government is in…errr…what English government? Oh strewth, the only country in the whole world that doesn’t have its own government :open_mouth: :unamused: :cry:

Salut, David.

The Capital of England is Winchester, some bloke named Norman moved it to London i think. :laughing: