I am no longer a trucker! EEK!

dvla or dsa (who knows which, each points a finger the other way) have managed the worlds mightiest ■■■■-up.

I passed the C test on 20/10/04, and it was fast-tracked through straight from test centre.

License came back today and no C, C1, C1+E, no provisional C+E, only got provi for B+E, no longer got minibus entitlement either nor minibus + E.

and the worst bit, the new license supercedes all that went before it including test pass certificate so if stopped by the police I can’t present it as a temp license, a quick check with dvla would tell them I only passed a car test on the 20th! gits!

so now I have to post it all back to swansea’s investigations team who will contact DSA grimsby and see what happened and re-issue a license once they have hard copies of corrected papers.

all of which means I can’t work until my license is sorted as I have no legal entitlement to drive anything more than A (bike), B and B1.

bizarrely enough despite losing C1 and C1+E the license has a provi entitlement for C. go figure!?!?!

anyone know of a decent employment lawyer to get lost wages off the relevant guilty party? my bank loans are going to go unpaid :open_mouth:

:open_mouth: :confused: Blimey, that does sound like a giant balls-up.
You could try Citizens Advice, or one of those free clinic type things that some Solicitors have.

Someone at DVLA wants a right slap Gordo. Can you get the test centre to issue a post dated test pass certificate?

Ask about compensation as its lost you your new occupational entitlement.

It’s not the first time I’ve heard of this happening to someone. I think it would be wise to photocopy everything before sending it off to anyone, at least the photocopies give you a starting point in trying to right the wrong

Methinks if your in a union,TGWU,URTU etc,they might be able to offer you some quick free advice on your course of action.

Ken.

Bad Luck

You have fallen foul of the ADLI (Automated Driving Licence Issue) system.

For anyone who hasn’t heard of it (and who has? :smiley: ), this is how it works

People who have applied for a provisional driving
licence after 1st March 2004 and paid the new fee,
people who already have a full photocard driving
licence and are applying for an upgrade (i.e. a new
category) and those applying for a vocational licence
will be eligible to use the ADLI service. After successfully
completing a practical test, the examiner will ask test
candidates if they wish to have their upgraded licence
sent out automatically. If they do, the examiner will
issue a pass certificate and retain the existing driving
licence. The candidate’s existing licence will be
destroyed at the test centre. A copy of the signed
Driving Test Report will then be sent to our Central
Functions department in Newcastle where it will be
scanned into our new database. At the end of each day
a file will be prepared in Newcastle, containing details of
pass candidates. The file will be electronically transferred
to the DVLA who will automatically issue an upgraded
licence.

As to your needs to feed your Bank account…

From the DVLA site

Driving While We Have Your Form - Other Applications
Once we have received your valid application, the law allows you to drive before the licence arrives as long as:
· you have held a GB or Northern Ireland licence issued since 1 January 1976 or another exchangeable licence
· you are not disqualified from driving (there are different rules for medium/large vehicles, minibus/bus drivers - the Traffic Commissioner for your area will decide whether to grant your entitlement to drive these vehicles)
· you have not been, and would not be, refused a licence for medical reasons
· you keep to any special conditions which apply to the licence.

So all that remains is to convince an employer that you are entitled to drive that class of vehicle.

Under the new system, you should still have been given a copy of the Pass Certificate. If not, many centres do tests on a Saturday morning. Phone early and find out if there is a Driving Examiner working, and if one is, get your backside down there, with photo I.D., explain what has happened and ask for a copy of your Pass Certificate.

Monday morning, get the training provider to supply you with a letter confirming that you passed your test on the date stated.

By Monday lunchtime, you could be driving.

the problem with the last bit I think is that its dependent on things happening by regular process, and simply driving on a pass certificate (which I’ve been doing up until wednesday when I last drove a class 2).

asked repeatedly the DVLA (rang 3 people to make sure) and all say that until the investigations team resolve it, the new paper license and plastic card supercedes all that went before, as that is what is on the database, and any police enquiry would demonstrate on that given day my entitlement was X not Y and therefore outside my rights despite not being my fault. The DVLA is laying the blame on the door of the DSA as well. a bit of buck-passing but apparently the form they received said B and of course as its automated now the system saw B pass and overwrote my old B pass and gave me the relevant entitlements as I had passed that test only recently. bummer eh!

Managed to get hold of the DSA test centre I went through and by luck to the examiner I had for my test. The blame is being laid by them on a technical error with a scanner. but the dvla say that it can only be human error.

and the worst bit is it can’t just be rectified by a new copy being sent from dsa to dvla and investigation team re-instating the correct permissions I had before - I have to gather a copy of my old license showing what I had, my pass cert, new license I have been sent and sending them in, and waiting while they check it all out and when they see fit to sort it, then I’ll be off and away.

It now means the cash I had set aside for class1 is going to have to cover outgoings not training, and my career is going to be delayed by months as I re-cover the funds I’d saved :frowning:

As with all government departments, they now have to be ‘customer friendly’ and have to meet certain standards. When they don’t, you can complain and where it is blatantly their fault, you should be able to claim compensation and costs.

Ask for a copy of of their Customer Charter.

When you pass your C+E, keep photocopies of everything you send - it might speed things up if they ■■■■ up again.

A friend of mine (serving police officer) went on holiday a couple of years back and had a minor prang in his car. The local police attended and asked to see his licence - which he produced at the scene. The PC handed it back telling him that the licence didn’t cover him driving a car!

On checking, he had indeed mysteriously “lost” all his full licence entitlements, including cars, bikes, HGV and PSV (he was ex-traffic, and ex-military). Turned out there had been some sort of a ■■■■-up by DVLA last time he sent it back for a change of address some years earlier. He didn’t check the licence on receiving it back from DVLA (if he had noticed the ■■■■-up then they could have checked back and rectified their error). As a result he had to retake his driving tests (all of them).

Moral: Always check documents when you receive them from DVLA etc - NEVER assume they will be correct.

update…

dvla now have everything I sent as well as the DSA’s confirmation I passed my C class license.

Boyho in Swansea says “Not making any promises but there’s a chance you may have your license problems resolved by Friday… next week.”

Not good enough says I. 2 weeks unable to earn a crust. “okay, I’ve increased the priority on the system, ring back in a few days and see what is new”.

this is making me stressed beyond belief. Already having to use my Class 1 money set aside for this week-ends bills and more next week instead of using wages. That’ll put my class1 back by weeks, trying to save again!

Same happened with my bike licence when i changed address’s it came back from dvla minus it but i didnt notice for about 2 years so now i got no bike entitlement :cry:

simon

they’re sorting mine out (eventually) so going by license-witheld tales like your own on the bike, I should be counting my blessings.

surely once a license test is passed they can’t not return it following accidental removal?

SimonRS2K:
Same happened with my bike licence when i changed address’s it came back from dvla minus it but i didnt notice for about 2 years so now i got no bike entitlement :cry:

so that’s why you’re riding this

:smiling_imp: :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing:

Denis F:

SimonRS2K:

so that’s why you’re riding this

:smiling_imp: :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing:

Your’e only jealous denis because your told old to pedal :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

simon

SimonRS2K:
[
Your’e only jealous denis because your too old to pedal :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

anyway I often get called something similar to the label in your sig, maybe with a “d” though