Thanks to this forum

I previously posted on this site “New driver with 15yrs experience”.
At the time I had been informed that as my license had lapsed nearly 20 yrs ago I would need to retrain and take tests again by half a dozen “Training providers”, but thanks to this forum I found out that all I needed to do was contact DVLA, have a medical and apply for my license to be renewed and have all my entitlements reinstated.
Today… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Yippee, smart new license arrives with all categories intact: A, B, BE, C, CE,C1E,D1,D1E, f, k, l ,n ,p with a provisional entitlement to drive GH (road rollers and tracked vehicles!)
So apart from driving a tank I should be OK!!
Interestingly the dates “from” show <1991, which is when my last Class 1 paper license expired.
So many thanks to the folks on this forum who have saved me over £2000. By the way, it was FREE from the DVLA, no charge sir!
Waiting now for my Digicard and then all I need is a job.

This is where the frustrations will no doubt start. :unamused: :unamused:
Anyone know of work going in the Crewe area■■?

Once again, MANY THANKS.
Mike

This forum is indeed invaluable for many with varying experience.

Sorry I have no idea about work up there as not from round those parts.

Agencies are a good resource to get your foot on the ladder.

Knock on doors of local hauliers. Anyone with a lorry in the yard. Right place, Right time and you could land on your feet.

Best of luck

At last some praise for the forum, good luck on your chosen path, but you may find things have changed in the last 20 years. Unfortunately many agencies and employers want to see 2 years recent driving experience, so if you have a mate in the haulage game with a printer, then put the two to use.

On your original post someone mentioned a refresher, that may help and shouldn’t break the bank.

Ignore any HGV training brokers though, they are all charlatans, visit a local school, have a chat with them and weigh the place up. :bulb:

Hey Mike!

Great news on getting the licence renewed mate, and it not costing you anything either! :laughing:

All the very best with finding a job now… :unamused:

I can’t help with the job as you’re not in my area, but as you presumably haven’t used a digital tachograph before you may find it useful to have a play on the Digital Tachograph Simulator

tachograph:
I can’t help with the job as you’re not in my area, but as you presumably haven’t used a digital tachograph before you may find it useful to have a play on the Digital Tachograph Simulator

Hey, thanks for that!
Had a quick look and it seems really useful, I will spend some time on it and get a basic idea.
Cheers.

Well done on getting you licence back & just a quick look on the internet & a quick question answered all :laughing: :laughing:

good luck with the job hunt soz cant help as dont have any contacts any more in your area