How/why do they get away with it?

monday…foreign plated artic on m25 behind a bridge support…curtains closed!
wed night 10pm ish?..foreign plated artic in large recess bit behind hard shoulder m6 nrth j1-2?..curtains closed!
thurs morning 9am…foreign plated artic on grass verge,on a rndbt,under a bridge(under m6)…curtains closed!

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :question: :question: :question:

Maybe we should be thankful theyre taking their daily rest at all!

Just get some foreign plates and stick them on when you night out and you can do it too.

Otherwise phone the Police and tell them whats going on…NO dont do thatg this is TNUK you cant go tell taleing on as fellow trucker.

Just live with it then no matter whay they do wrong.

AND FFS dont put their number plates on here OMG.

They don’t “get away with it”, it is a matter of when they get seen. :open_mouth:

Sometimes they will stay all of their daily rest, perhaps because those that can shift them, were busy on other things. :bulb:

I moved one 4 days ago, not happy but tough. :wink:

, YES this practise is not allowed in the UK
BUT those who do europe will state it is the norm for Italy
and at night on the german motorways, you will see
lorrys parked up in the exit slip road from the services as well
In the UK the parking is insufficent and is nothing at all like that
of the european countrys, they have between all services more than
1 laybye area some with WC others with out ,This is where the UK
is failing,as for the problem about traverlers parking full time,quite simple
In CERTAIN COUNTRYS ,The Traverlers must use a camping
area,if they wish to stay more than 9hrs ,and they are evicted if they
do not follow the law ;;iN Germany they are now building more
parking spaces however this will take time ,The UK must start to address this problem ,or we will have more problems with drivers who are unable to take a rest due to there being no parking freely available,

I can’t see a problem with it.
I wouldn’t do it as it would be too noisy for me.
I would need to be ■■■■■■ to sleep by a motorway.

i agree with phil, leaves more space in services and truck parks for british plated drivers,

They get moved on in our area,when they are seen.We have had briefings that any vehicle under a motorway bridge will have immediate removal due to the terrorist threat.

extrucker:
They get moved on in our area,when they are seen.We have had briefings that any vehicle under a motorway bridge will have immediate removal due to the terrorist threat.

Are you a copper?
Why would you need to be briefed?
Wouldn’t it be better to do away with tacho rules due to the “terrorist threat”?
Yes there is a terrorist threat but some people use this when and where they think you will believe them.
“The story of the boy who cried wolf springs to mind”.

To answer your question, he/(she) is not.

However, if you ever go S/B on the Western Arm of the Ray Hall Interchange. i.e., M6 South to M5 South. And look about you, then you will see cameras underneath the Motorway. They are not there by accident. :wink:

Their placement resulted from a viable (at the time) threat.

What better way to damage/disrupt our econonic infrastructure than to place explosives in a position where they will destroy road bridges.

Hence, there are no laybys (that I can think of), that are sited under bridges, whether road or rail.
:wink:

Although, certain examples are sure to be quoted. :unamused:

:laughing: