Foreign hgvs

I know this subject has been done in the past…
5 am this morning on the m25 foreign hgv parked on hard shoulder of the motorway with his curtains closed, so I presume he had been their all night, about 5 miles on, on the other side another one!

Now I know in some other country’s this may be ok, and you may argue that the drivers don’t know the Highway Code, but are motorway network has never been so over managed, CCTV, highways agency, police, and vosa.

Surely one of the above must have picked up on them, we’re being told that the authorities are cracking down on foreign operators. But you see things like this going on all the time.
If you or I stopped on the hard shoulder for a ■■■■, the chances are we would be nicked!

Rant over

Driving hours maybe was up hence the stop :unamused:

Legend_Scania:

If that’s the case you either stop at a correct location before your time is up(both these vehicles past MSA’S) or if your caught in traffic continue to safe place and do a manual entry on your printout/taco. Rules are simple!

See them often, parked up under bridges on the 25, where they are “sort of” off the hard shoulder hiding behind the bridge supports!!

Mind you, pulling onto Thurrock or S.Mimms in the middle of the night for a 45 can be a real problem, there is never anywhere to park, sometimes its impossible to get through and out the other side!!! :unamused: :unamused:

Legend_Scania:

Remember 4.5 hours is the limit, not the target. I very rarely reched 4.5 before my break…too hungry.
:laughing:

mkb600:
See them often, parked up under bridges on the 25, where they are “sort of” off the hard shoulder hiding behind the bridge supports!!

Mind you, pulling onto Thurrock or S.Mimms in the middle of the night for a 45 can be a real problem, there is never anywhere to park, sometimes its impossible to get through and out the other side!!! :unamused: :unamused:

Not only parking at Thurrock or Mimms a nightmare that funny smell plays havoc with my sinuses!

Muckaway:

Legend_Scania:

Remember 4.5 hours is the limit, not the target. I very rarely reched 4.5 before my break…too hungry.

Yes Nathan but those of us that drive more than 10 miles a day need to max our hours on the first stint otherwise we would have to have another break before our full 9 hours :wink: :slight_smile:

He was there when I went past at half 2 so he must of got a good kip in, but does make u think did no H.A or police go down that bit of the m25 over night

I think more the ridiculous price you have to pay for a pish infested, pothole riddled unsecure parking, stops drivers to use the MSA’s.
Many foreign drivers nowadays need to pre-pay this, I know of many British drivers who would not be able to pay this, never mind foreign drivers.
The parking on Motorway services and especialy the RIP OFF CHARGE (i want to park here mate, not buy the place) has annoyed me for all the years I was driving.
There is no excuse to park on the hard shoulder, but people get forced to do so, scared to get lost when coming of the Motorway and where do you park than?

Why are Motorway services not free like in the rest of Europe■■?
Welcome to RIP OFF BRITAIN!!!
We are Health and Safety pretending Country number one (just saw a bloke washing the floor outside with goggles on, it will be only a matter of time and there need to be a Lifeboat attending when he does use water) but we force our HGV drivers of the Motorway and drive and park on single carriage ways.
Only pure out of GREED!!!

Had my MP on the case of this last year. Had a load of letters stating he’d look into it. The ■■■■ all. There ya go!

i think some of the problems lie with the authorities in other e.u countries, they will fine a driver for any offences committed anywhere, so these drivers don’t want to take the chance of being done some pretty big fines, if they get held up they pull in and stop and that’s it as far as they are concerned, its possibly cheaper to get done in this country than abroad :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

FarnboroughBoy11:

Muckaway:

Legend_Scania:

Yes Nathan but those of us that drive more than 10 miles a day need to max our hours on the first stint otherwise we would have to have another break before our full 9 hours :wink: :slight_smile:

A second break always sounds good to me.
:stuck_out_tongue:

Muckaway:

FarnboroughBoy11:

Muckaway:

Legend_Scania:

A chance of some more scoff as well :laughing: :laughing:

splitshift:

Muckaway:

FarnboroughBoy11:

Muckaway:

Legend_Scania:

A chance of some more scoff as well :laughing: :laughing:

In the summer I could park near my house and go cut the grass…

mkb600:

they’re for emergency services when it’s chokka! How they get to sleep amazes me! :open_mouth: :unamused: won’t knock them up and fine them either! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

One went past me this morning on the 42 Barn Doors on his decker open half load on bottom deck top deck so full half a pallet was hanging out the back only a strap holding in up there, oh and on the bottom deck f all. Needless to say me and a tipper driver in front slowed right down to let him sod off away from us

Drag them from there cabs & beat them this is what the police should do to the simpletons, europe would be cleaner & safer if these idiots were’nt allowed out of there peasant lands…

As others have said you see them parked on a regular basis behind those bridge supports but it’s true a British truck would be moved on or nicked if they pulled that stunt.
Yes there is a truck parking problem in the uk but that doesn’t excuse it as its a problem for everyone.
I can’t under stand why the police don’t get involved as I had to stop on the hard shoulder last year to take a very important phone call where I had to write some stuff down and within two minutes one of them highway hitlers turned up threatening to get the police unless I moved. Was quite ironic as its the police who I was on the phone too at the time.

They even choose the worst places to stop to ask for directions; Roundabouts, traffic lights, entrances to premises etc.
…Then they run out infront of you waving a map or delivery notes, leaving you the choice of speeding past or just pretending you haven’t seen them…
…Or give wrong directions so they waste some of their cheap diesel.
:smiling_imp:

This is probably why they dont bother trying to move them on…