Overnighting on M25

We have all seen it and there have been many threads about the East Euro overnighting on the H/S on M25.
Well… Last night, Not only were there artics parked, But I also saw a “transit” type curtain sider with the pod above the cab, and a car!
Now that is taking the PI$$

I spotted that one too, surely all these HATO’s we are paying for are supposed to stop this sort of thing happening ■■

SWEDISH BLUE:
We have all seen it and there have been many threads about the East Euro overnighting on the H/S on M25.
Well… Last night, Not only were there artics parked, But I also saw a “transit” type curtain sider with the pod above the cab, and a car!
Now that is taking the PI$$

that’ll be the polish lads … nothing new…

I have seen a truck parked up twice now on the M42 J6, I don’t go that way very often are they really just pulling over ? why do the traffic officers not move them on ?

I think action may start to be taken soon. Saw the commercial vehicle police unit on the north side of the M25 the other night having words with one such eastern European driver!

They park up to avoid telephone number sized fines or court deposits in Europe.
If they unaware of the area,they find what is suitable for the tachograph regs.
Hato can not sign their tachos to move them on.But if they were moved on and had disturbed sleep then crashed there is a law suit to who moved them.
It is common to park on the motorway in Europe.They think that they are doing nothing wrong in the UK.

I’ve only seen police ‘having a word’ once and that was recently, I doubt they want the hassle tbh, the “me no speaka English” goes a long way!

They always seem to park under the bridges with the concrete barriers… Vosa seem to pull up, and have a word with them, but then when passing back that way later on, - they have not been moved on.

I’m wondering if its a case of (1) Vosa fine the guy £60, and let him carry on sleeping his 9 hours or (2) They “tell him off”, don’t fine him, don’t move him on, so he goes back to sleep for the rest of his 9 hours anyway - confident that the Strasbourg court of Human Rights renders him immune to the nasty British so-called “Law Enforcement” which actually only applies to those that pay full taxes alas… :frowning:

there was one on the M25 under a bridge near the A127 the other week had handballed half his load off for some reason

Probably to eat some of it…
I’ve often seen foreign truckers picking their own lunch out of their food backload. :open_mouth:
No one is watching them of any consequence while they are over here it seems…
If a Brit driver tried helping himself to their load - you can be sure they’d get busted sooner or later, unless they are 3.14ies in which case they are protected by yuman rights laws same as johnny foreigner. :imp:

chester1:
there was one on the M25 under a bridge near the A127 the other week had handballed half his load off for some reason

i saw him!!! 100’s of boxes under the bridge, and 100’s more in the trailer… The trailer had a curve on it, and a couple of span sets over the roof… i reckon he’d chucked it too hard round a left hand bend, as it was bending banana shape to the right. I think he was doing his best to re-stack it.

kindle530:

chester1:

i saw him!!! 100’s of boxes under the bridge, and 100’s more in the trailer… The trailer had a curve on it, and a couple of span sets over the roof… i reckon he’d chucked it too hard round a left hand bend, as it was bending banana shape to the right. I think he was doing his best to re-stack it.

That’s the one. looked like it had been loaded handball too (cudnt see pallets) .police looked like they had just arrived and didn’t look happy . only about 3 miles short of services

Problem is chester…If he’ have done it at the services, there wouldnt be any boxes left to put back in the trailer once he’ unloaded them onto the floor!! :smiley:

kindle530:
Problem is chester…If he’ have done it at the services, there wouldnt be any boxes left to put back in the trailer once he’ unloaded them onto the floor!! :smiley:

or they will stink of pi55 after

SWEDISH BLUE:
‘…East Euro overnighting on the H/S on M25 … taking the PI$$…’

Nah, it happily reminds me of being an innocent child in 1960’s England when cynicism was a far-off condition yet to be gainfully enjoyed.

“Oh look, children, here comes Noddy in his little car* - as he gives his friendly Euro neighbour a cheery ‘parp-parp’”

*Other road vehicles may apply :smiley:

toby1234abc:
It is common to park on the motorway in Europe.They think that they are doing nothing wrong in the UK.

if by Europe you mean Italy then yes, but nowhere else is it tolerated.

milodon:

toby1234abc:
‘…It is common to park on the motorway in Europe…’

‘…if by Europe you mean Italy then yes, but nowhere else is it tolerated…’

Surely, the regular M25 evidence tells us ‘au contraire’ :unamused:

chester1:

kindle530:

or they will stink of pi55 after

haha!!! very true mate.

Happy Keith:

I was thinking of the tolerance where no coppers come knocking on your door when your having a kip unless somebody set fire to your trailer or something.

milodon:

Happy Keith:

I was thinking of the tolerance where no coppers come knocking on your door when your having a kip unless somebody set fire to your trailer or something.

yep thats wot the ee drivers have found, park anywhere in uk, no coppers will appear even if your on hard shoulder