Overnighting on M25

Not strictly true. The casualty reduction manager for Essex Police is quite hot on this as are Surrey Police. The problem is that they can’t be there all the time.

m1cks:
Not strictly true. The casualty reduction manager for Essex Police is quite hot on this as are Surrey Police. The problem is that they can’t be there all the time.

so let them park where they want then :smiley: as the casualty reduction manager cant be there to reduce casualtys
we all see them every day of the week, they never get moved on :smiley:

green456:

m1cks:

so let them park where they want then :smiley: as the casualty reduction manager cant be there to reduce casualtys
we all see them every day of the week, they never get moved on :smiley:

Do casualty reduction managers only work 9-5 Mon -Fri :smiley: .

Remember the coppers blog in the past mentioning you could park easily in many BIB car park outside ‘office’ hours :stuck_out_tongue:

toby1234abc:
They park up to avoid telephone number sized fines or court deposits in Europe.
If they unaware of the area,they find what is suitable for the tachograph regs.
Hato can not sign their tachos to move them on.But if they were moved on and had disturbed sleep then crashed there is a law suit to who moved them.
It is common to park on the motorway in Europe.They think that they are doing nothing wrong in the UK.

you don’t see them parked up often on hard shoulder in Europe apart from odd one in lux but soon get moved on. its just they get away with it here. they would not dream of doing this in Germany they will stop well, short of needing a break rather than stop on hard shoulder

like I said, it’s very common to sleep in the emergency bays on the mway in Italy - although not for the light sleeper, you can get your break in without any bother from the law and as an added plus noone will be slashing the curtains there.

green456:

milodon:

Happy Keith:
Surely, the regular M25 evidence tells us ‘au contraire’ :unamused:

I was thinking of the tolerance where no coppers come knocking on your door when your having a kip unless somebody set fire to your trailer or something.

yep thats wot the ee drivers have found, park anywhere in uk, no coppers will appear even if your on hard shoulder

So it’s “just draw your curtains, and you’re immune to Plod”? :open_mouth:
I agree though that you’re safer not having your fuel nicked on the hard shoulder than in most laybys/MSAs though. If only we Brits too could do such a thing with impunity - like Johnny Foreigner. :frowning:

m1cks:
‘…Essex Police is quite hot on this as are Surrey … The problem is that they can’t be there all the time…’

Eh? With the UK crawling with lenses and a chancing half-wit kipping on a motorway H/S for at least nine hours - even ‘…hot…’ forces still choose to remain impotent :question: :unamused:

This is Blair’s ‘diversity’ strategy in action: Great, innit :open_mouth:

When will be the time these strange-plated elephants on motorway H/S’s have a 100% chance of a good waking-up; a tow-off with no biscuits and a talking-at :question:

Grrrr :wink:

Winseer:
‘… we Brits …’

Being born in Britain, I’ll glady diminutise the name of my nation & my national identity on condition that those from Pakistan do the same :smiley:

Until then, “being offended” remains my “equal right”, eh :wink: