How Stupid............

So there I am sat in Tracy Island waiting for disaster to strike. (When I say Tracy Island I really mean a static caravan on the hard shoulder of the M1 North on Tinsley Viaduct). Anyways, the call comes through that there’s a broken down artic Northbound in the roadworks, so like a coiled spring I leap into action, fire the truck up and hit 70 (no limiter on a wrecker) and set off to the disaster site. The matrix signs were flashing “lane 1 obstruction” and the numpties to be fair were moving across to lanes 2 & 3 nice and early.
I eventually spot the hazard warning lights of the stricken vehicle so I switch on my flashing beacons as I approach. At this point I’d like to point out I’m in a fully marked up FH16 with more strobes and flashing lights than a cheesy 80’s disco. I pass said vehicle and pull into the nearside ready to reverse up to the casualty only to find between 10 and 12 cars pull in behind me looking bewildered. Now I’m no Albert Einstein but even I could figure out that if I follow a huge recovery truck with flashing lights on who passes a broken down artic, it’s a fair bet he’s there to offer assistance and I don’t really wanna be behind him. I just shrugged and read my paper till the lights in their feeble minds came on.
How some folk manage to walk and talk at the same time is beyond me.
As a footnote I’d like to add it was an Eastern European truck driven by a vary clean, tidy and well mannered young man, who once I’d convinced him it was free recovery and I wasn’t gonna take his sister and all his goats as payment made me a lovely cup of hot (it was either tea or coffee) and looked happy and content as I dropped him off.

the maoster:
I’d like to add it was an Eastern European truck driven by a vary clean, tidy and well mannered young man, who once I’d convinced him it was free recovery and I wasn’t gonna take his sister and all his goats as payment

Did you not see a pic of his sister or was she that bad u felt sorry for him :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

nick2008:

the maoster:
I’d like to add it was an Eastern European truck driven by a vary clean, tidy and well mannered young man, who once I’d convinced him it was free recovery and I wasn’t gonna take his sister and all his goats as payment

Did you not see a pic of his sister or was she that bad u felt sorry for him :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Perks of driving wreckers no speed limiters but if you could’nt take his sister as payment then it’s probably not worth applying.He would have been relieved that you were’nt going to take his goats though.

funny and nice post moaster with a happy ending! :laughing:

buck73:
funny and nice post moaster with a happy ending! :laughing:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Was that from his sister or the goats !!!

how fast will it go with out the limiter? i always wondered this when i see a fire truck

not that fast about 3 goats quicker than a camel

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

the maoster:
I pass said vehicle and pull into the nearside ready to reverse up to the casualty only to find between 10 and 12 cars pull in behind me looking bewildered.

I’m not having that, are the motorists really that dumb :laughing:

the maoster:
I just shrugged and read my paper till the lights in their feeble minds came on.

I take it your still there reading the paper then :bulb: :bulb:

I think one of the best recently was a ##@'#@ who left his car abandoned, locked,no keys,drivers window down next to an ETB (And no he never told anyone :bulb: ) in a temporary lane 1 through 2 lane roadworks hard shoulder running :unamused: , we just found it on patrol and while getting free recovery out said numpty climbs over fence with fuel can and litre of oil, “can’t be fuel, still says 10 miles on the clock” :unamused:

I’ve still got no idea how it started when said can was emptied into car, Do 03 plate Vectra’s not have a fuel gauge :unamused:

3 hours yesterday 3 people out of fuel on our patch, but no trucks this time, that last happened earlier this month L1 just after he passed Lymm :unamused: Nugget :unamused: :unamused:

Classic. :laughing:

I would like to see the look on the other 10 drivers as you slowly reversed over the first car :smiley:

the maoster:
So there I am sat in Tracy Island waiting for disaster to strike. (When I say Tracy Island I really mean a static caravan on the hard shoulder of the M1 North on Tinsley Viaduct). Anyways, the call comes through that there’s a broken down artic Northbound in the roadworks, so like a coiled spring I leap into action, fire the truck up and hit 70 (no limiter on a wrecker) and set off to the disaster site. The matrix signs were flashing “lane 1 obstruction” and the numpties to be fair were moving across to lanes 2 & 3 nice and early.
I eventually spot the hazard warning lights of the stricken vehicle so I switch on my flashing beacons as I approach. At this point I’d like to point out I’m in a fully marked up FH16 with more strobes and flashing lights than a cheesy 80’s disco. I pass said vehicle and pull into the nearside ready to reverse up to the casualty only to find between 10 and 12 cars pull in behind me looking bewildered. Now I’m no Albert Einstein but even I could figure out that if I follow a huge recovery truck with flashing lights on who passes a broken down artic, it’s a fair bet he’s there to offer assistance and I don’t really wanna be behind him. I just shrugged and read my paper till the lights in their feeble minds came on.
How some folk manage to walk and talk at the same time is beyond me.
As a footnote I’d like to add it was an Eastern European truck driven by a vary clean, tidy and well mannered young man, who once I’d convinced him it was free recovery and I wasn’t gonna take his sister and all his goats as payment made me a lovely cup of hot (it was either tea or coffee) and looked happy and content as I dropped him off.

No doubt Orys will be along soon.

mickyblue:
how fast will it go with out the limiter? i always wondered this when i see a fire truck

Sorry for late response, been saving the world! Dunno just how fast that one goes, the speedo stops at 80! Mind you, the sat nav don’t…
Seriously I daren’t say; I have enough people queuing up to tell me to my face that I’m a dangerously irresponsible cowboy without getting complaints via the World Wide Whine.