I couldn't believe my eyes today!

Coming up the M1 nth this afternoon thru the roadworks 6-10 and caught Sally Traffic on about a broken down coach sthbnd, and then had the biggest laugh (to myself) Ive had in ages.Coming thru the cones opposite was the offending coach which had been loaded onto a low loader trailer

with all the passengers still on it :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: They were loving it and merrily waving at all the traffic both sides of the carriageway.Stunned I was ,and as I was laughing looked across to the truck driver next to me whose face was a picture of disbeleif :laughing: My point is though, surley this canā€™t be legal? what happens if the trucker driving said low loader has an accident? these people were up high man!Whats more the HATO people were in convoy with them so must have allowed the procedure. Health and saftey people would not allow a full coachload to clamber onto a truck then onto a coach etc etc etc (you get my drift).

Slum Clearance! :laughing:

As the average age of most coach loads seems to be about 87 it was probably safer to leave them where they were than have them wandering about talking about what they did in the war or telling everyone - Iā€™m 93 you know. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Dont think if it had been me the driver of the low loader i would have had them in the vech! , was it maybe just to clear road works?
Also never mind all the health & saftey regs , would he/she not need a PSV? :confused:

Have you considered the fact it could have been a coach load of illegals and the driver didnā€™t know they were there? :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Fallmonk:
would he/she not need a PSV? :confused:

Iā€™m sure Rog will come along and be able to let you know exactly what licence the driver would need. :laughing:

Colingl:

Fallmonk:
would he/she not need a PSV? :confused:

Iā€™m sure Rog will come along and be able to let you know exactly what licence the driver would need. :laughing:

THE LAW IS:-
You wouldnā€™t need a PCV if you weld up or otherwise disable the toilet. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :smiley:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: But wouldnā€™t the lorry now have to adhere to livestock regs. and have to feed and water emā€¦ā– ā– ? :wink:

montana man:
But wouldnā€™t the lorry now have to adhere to livestock regs. and have to feed and water emā€¦ā– ā– ? :wink:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Not a good idea with the toilet disabled. :wink:

montana man:
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: But wouldnā€™t the lorry now have to adhere to livestock regs. and have to feed and water emā€¦ā– ā– ? :wink:

Isnā€™t that why the London Hackney Carriage Regs (reputedly) still require a bale of hay to be carried.

:bulb: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Offload a gaggle of ā€˜twearliesā€™ (a busmanā€™s expression for pensioners wanting to use their post 0930 pass before that time. i.e. ā€œToo Earlyā€) more than 20 or so metres from a toilet, and theyā€™d be ā€˜bricking itā€™. Literally.

IIRC the only stipulation concerning passengers being carried on a trailer relates to ā€˜single axleā€™ trailers.

:bulb: Hence. ā€œBendy busses.ā€

:slight_smile:

Coffeeholic:
[THE LAW IS:-
You wouldnā€™t need a PCV if you weld up or otherwise disable the toilet. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :smiley:

You meanā€¦coaches have toilets these days :question: :open_mouth: , whatever will they think of next. :question: :confused:

And while Iā€™m here I think it only fair to point out that - THE LAW IS - no ageist digs :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

No, Iā€™m not quite there yet, but, as part of feeling younger Iā€™ve started to mix with a much older set. :unamused: :laughing:

Spardo:
as part of feeling younger Iā€™ve started to mix with a much older set. :unamused: :laughing:

I like your way of thinking.

As the average age of most coach loads seems to be about 87

can you imagine the smell in there after 4hrs :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Coffeeholic:

Spardo:
as part of feeling younger Iā€™ve started to mix with a much older set. :unamused: :laughing:

I like your way of thinking.

Why do ya think I only stand next to fat gits in photosā€¦ :wink: