Stupid & Dangerous!

This morning at about 1am I was going along the A43 in the Village of Geddington just dropping down the hill by the speed camera {25mph} I noticed a Gregory Distribution wagon going very slow up the hill towards Corby THEN I noticed why a stupid idiot was walking towards me with his arm in the air. I stopped & this idiot walked right up to the front of the wagon never said a word & walked onto the path. If the Gregory driver uses this forum or any other person saw this idiot please post. I did ring TM to get Mr Plod but heard nothing else.
Who needs this at 1am or anytime & who would have got nicked if I’d have hit him. Ihave no idea how long he had been doing this prior to me getting there BUT the Gregory driver also must have seen him.

I reckon booze might have played a part, or drugs!

Mal.

this happened to a driver in one of our depots. it was about 01.30 when the artic driver was coming along a quiet road as he came round the bend there where 3 lads in the middle of the road there was no street lighting and the driver did not see them quick enough. he hit one off them, which turned out to be fatal. drink was a major factor in the sad death of this lad. i can’t begin to think how this driver was feeling nor the two other lads.

my feelings are with the lads family.also with the driver :cry:

I nearly hit a Gendarme just past Riems one morning.

He decided to stand in the middle of the motorway at the last minute and wave me into the services to check my charts. No reflective clothing on at all.

Frightened the life out of me :open_mouth:

I personally thought they would have known better !

He done a bit of a John Cleese ‘Silly Walk’ (either that or messed himself :laughing: )

A plod on school crossing duty stepped into the road giving me little time to stop, & as I was driving a 3/4 full sewage tanker at the time & had only held a class 1 for a few days life was complicated for a second or two.
Having given him a mouthful of non to friendly advice as he stood, white looking & no more than six inches from my front bumper he said those imortal words. “Well you should strap your zb load down properly then”. :unamused: :unamused:

alan:
A plod on school crossing duty stepped into the road giving me little time to stop, & as I was driving a 3/4 full sewage tanker at the time & had only held a class 1 for a few days life was complicated for a second or two.
Having given him a mouthful of non to friendly advice as he stood, white looking & no more than six inches from my front bumper he said those imortal words. “Well you should strap your zb load down properly then”. :unamused: :unamused:

:laughing: Bloody typical innit. :unamused:

What worried me about this was:
{A} I’ve not long passed my test & I thought great thats all I need.
{B} A Few years ago now one of our drivers was coming along Lumbertubs way in Northampton when this chap decided he was going to head ■■■■ the lorry as it passed, our driver could do nothing as it happened so quick. That was a fatal accident. It later turned out that this chap had a mental condition.
I now carry my digital camera with me so if that nutter does it again in Geddington I’m ready for him.

colin, no matter what you do or carry with you if these guys want to get killed then it will happen. they don’t think about the poor driver who’s vehicle it is. weather it’s a guy that has been driving 30-40 years or a guy that has been driving 5mins.they don’t care. nothing can prepare you for this kind of situation, it all depends on you and how you handle the situation. as you are farely new to this game please don’t go out thinking that something like this is going to happen to you.i’v been driving for 14yrs now and in that time i’v seen it twice so it don’t happen that often. take care and enjoy the job. :wink: