Rant Time

Hi all

Decided it was nice, so I’d take the kids down the coast for the day…Weather was nice… roads seemed pretty clear, thats what I thought when I left home to find down the A31 some ■■■■■■■■ in a Norbert dentressangle artic parked up in the left hand lane directly in front of a cross road just over a crest of a hill, I ask ya of all the dangerous and stupid places to park, plenty of places to take a break along that road but then my son said " don’t worry dad he’s some dumb ■■■ from France of all places " lmao…

M3 motorway was no better, it really surprises me that there is a minority of driver out there that think driving in tight convoy is anywhere near safe and leaving a distance between each truck… Oh and Mr Stobart, when Im in lane two passing ya and Ive got traffic passing me in land three,to just flick on your indicator and think Im gonna move, your very mistaken…I was hitting 68 down hill…so when you check ya tacho dumb ■■■ you’ll find you got a speeding infringement …lol :grimacing:

The drive home wasn’t much cop either…watched Mr Sure serve in his 7.5t with his load of gas cylinders jumping from one lane to another with out any use of indicators… begin to wonder why vehicles have them on…
Then the wife asked as we passed a curtain sider " Look at them straps lapping about in the wind, should they be like that " to which I responded no just some lazy mother trucker…
I really begin to wonder is this industry a profession, with professional drivers or are they just amateurs playing at it… Arnt we suppose to be Knight of the roads or is this quality of driving that makes ppl think were toilet at our jobs…

Anyway kids had fun at the beach… oh what sights you see when you haven’t ya gun handy…lol

People can’t drive. More at 11.

Are you suggesting that the Stobart driver should have used his brakes and thus disengaged cruise control, to control his speed & distance from the vehicle in front rather than trying to bully his way into lane 2?

Everyone knows that once cruise control is engaged & your on the limiter your truck might blow up if you turn it off before your junction.

rob22888:
Are you suggesting that the Stobart driver should have used his brakes and thus disengaged cruise control, to control his speed & distance from the vehicle in front rather than trying to bully his way into lane 2?

Everyone knows that once cruise control is engaged & your on the limiter your truck might blow up if you turn it off before your junction.

Thats why I dislike CC in traffic :laughing:

Swampey2418:
my son said " don’t worry dad he’s some dumb ■■■ from France of all places "
Then the wife asked as we passed a curtain sider " Look at them straps lapping about in the wind, should they be like that "

1 .Your boys a smart cookie
2 . your mrs needs to do a cpc :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
3 . do you have a dog :question: :question: :question: :question:

nick2008:

Swampey2418:
my son said " don’t worry dad he’s some dumb ■■■ from France of all places "
Then the wife asked as we passed a curtain sider " Look at them straps lapping about in the wind, should they be like that "

1 .Your boys a smart cookie
2 . your mrs needs to do a cpc :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
3 . do you have a dog :question: :question: :question: :question:

Or she needs to work for the dvsa :wink: :wink: :wink:

Guys guys guys … the Mrs notices these little things when where out on the road… its like having a back seat driver… certainly shows she’s observant … she just noticed it wasn’t right…

Ops Bloody auto type…flapping about in the wind…so no we don’t have a dog atm…wife’s only got a provisional licence and yes the boys has a good trainer and considering he’s only 7 he’s got loads more to learn… :grimacing:

Swampey2418:
Guys guys guys … the Mrs notices these little things when where out on the road… its like having a back seat driver… certainly shows she’s observant … she just noticed it wasn’t right…

Ops Bloody auto type…flapping about in the wind…so no we don’t have a dog atm…wife’s only got a provisional licence and yes the boys has a good trainer and considering he’s only 7 he’s got loads more to learn… :grimacing:

better get a dog then …you can leave the wifey at home then and have a brill time with the young un :wink:

Most Norbert Dentressangle drivers are from Poland.
You may have spotted that the trailer number plate may have been French registered.
Most of the tractor units are PL plates.
ND got rid of the French born drivers.

No posative observations then? Just another the industry has gone to pot rant!

Take the family for a road rage trip. :unamused: :laughing:

Unfortunately pal, as has been posted many times… You pay peanuts you get monkeys. Thats the problem with this industry at the moment. The pressure from office, traffic etc people tend to drive like idiots to make time up.

Dave

I dont suffer from road rage at all…whats the point in that…ppl get hurt, just like my sisters husband many years go would think nothing of getting out the car with his baseball bat and smashing crap out the car behind that had been tailgating him :open_mouth:

Swampey2418:
Hi all

Decided it was nice, so I’d take the kids down the coast for the day…Weather was nice… roads seemed pretty clear, thats what I thought when I left home to find down the A31 some [zb] in a Norbert dentressangle artic parked up in the left hand lane directly in front of a cross road just over a crest of a hill, I ask ya of all the dangerous and stupid places to park, plenty of places to take a break along that road but then my son said " don’t worry dad he’s some dumb ■■■ from France of all places " lmao…

M3 motorway was no better, it really surprises me that there is a minority of driver out there that think driving in tight convoy is anywhere near safe and leaving a distance between each truck… Oh and Mr Stobart, when Im in lane two passing ya and Ive got traffic passing me in land three,to just flick on your indicator and think Im gonna move, your very mistaken…I was hitting 68 down hill…so when you check ya tacho dumb ■■■ you’ll find you got a speeding infringement …lol :grimacing:

The drive home wasn’t much cop either…watched Mr Sure serve in his 7.5t with his load of gas cylinders jumping from one lane to another with out any use of indicators… begin to wonder why vehicles have them on…
Then the wife asked as we passed a curtain sider " Look at them straps lapping about in the wind, should they be like that " to which I responded no just some lazy mother trucker…
I really begin to wonder is this industry a profession, with professional drivers or are they just amateurs playing at it… Arnt we suppose to be Knight of the roads or is this quality of driving that makes ppl think were toilet at our jobs…

Anyway kids had fun at the beach… oh what sights you see when you haven’t ya gun handy…lol

I’ve found the problem…

You were down South, the majority South of Milton Keynes can’t drive for toffee and acquired their licence by collecting 5 tokens off the back of coco pops box’s.

I’m pretty sure that’s the same with the Spanish too, they couldn’t drive if you had a gun to their mothers head.

Swampey2418:
‘…I really begin to wonder is this industry a profession, with professional drivers or are they just amateurs playing at it…’

Professionalism? The Governent deludes UK society and us into thinking so with it’s blind adherance to the CPC.

Amateurs? Not really - but who can blame ‘chancers’ given that liberalism (to do and behave as one ■■■■ well pleases) of successive, pro-EU Governments has diluted law-enforcement on the roads in order for them to spent what’s left of our taxes on patrolling, surveying and trying to miserably control the planet and all it’s wacko & resentful aliens instead :unamused:

All this could be stopped by paying ALL of us “by the hour”…

No more “job and knock” = much safer driving all around.

Of course, the “Paid by the hour” approach quickly exposes how low some of us are actually on in terms of “hourly rate”… All to the good.

The public must think we’re all graduates from the N registration school of 22/7ies brought up driving old fairground gear around with one of Michael Brudder’s dodgy MOTs on it all…

You were down South, the majority South of Milton Keynes can’t drive for toffee and acquired their licence by collecting 5 tokens off the back of coco pops box’s./quote]

Newlad dont assume anything, as they say it is the mother of all ■■■■ ups… and yes I am based / living in the South but Im from the North… An eagle trying to fly surrounded by Turkeys :grimacing:

NewLad:

Swampey2418:
Hi all

Decided it was nice, so I’d take the kids down the coast for the day…Weather was nice… roads seemed pretty clear, thats what I thought when I left home to find down the A31 some [zb] in a Norbert dentressangle artic parked up in the left hand lane directly in front of a cross road just over a crest of a hill, I ask ya of all the dangerous and stupid places to park, plenty of places to take a break along that road but then my son said " don’t worry dad he’s some dumb ■■■ from France of all places " lmao…

I’ve found the problem…

You were down South, the majority South of Milton Keynes can’t drive for toffee and acquired their licence by collecting 5 tokens off the back of coco pops box’s.

I’m pretty sure that’s the same with the Spanish too, they couldn’t drive if you had a gun to their mothers head.

Glad you said South of MK, I live in the Northern part of MK, so that must make me a ‘Driving God’ like all the Northerners.

(Or should that be ‘Driving Dog’ ?) lol. Woof !

NewLad:

Swampey2418:
Hi all

I’ve found the problem…

At least most people down south can afford Coco Pops :wink:

Swampey2418:

You were down South, the majority South of Milton Keynes can’t drive for toffee and acquired their licence by collecting 5 tokens off the back of coco pops box’s./quote]

Newlad dont assume anything, as they say it is the mother of all [zb] ups… and yes I am based / living in the South but Im from the North… An eagle trying to fly surrounded by Turkeys :grimacing:

Or maybe a deluded turkey that thinks its an eagle?
Anyway inflation has seen the number of tokens rise to 8! and there is a deadline, sep 10th I think.